and then there was three...

Stuff about your Case, Colt, or Ingersoll tractor
RoamingGnome Canada

Re: and then there was three...

Post by RoamingGnome »

A big Thank You to everyone for the kind comments on the rapid progression of my Case Acquisition Disorder... bringing home two tractors in two days must be some kind of record or something... :giggle:
I started off Tuesday by picking up a nice condition Ingersoll 222 - that made 2 tractors in the yard, I promised :wife: I was good now, didn't need to be looking on kijiji or FB Marketplace anymore as I was happy with the combo of 2xx and 4xx tractors that could share attachments and be a back up if one of them decided to have a "senior moment" and be uncooperative when it was time to cut grass or move snow...

Yesterday Kelly was out having lunch with friends and I was left at home, alone and unsupervised... looking at FB to pass some time I accidentally hit the marketplace button and the first thing to pop up, top right corner was a listing for a "Compact Tractor" didn't even mention Case... I knew what it was as soon as I saw those cute "bug eye" headlights staring at me, The listing had only been up for 4 hours, I thought about it for a couple of seconds and sent off my reply, expecting to be already sold... I went to pickup :wife: from her luncheon not expecting to have to explain anything because it was probably already gone... walked in the door and made a bee line to the computer and showed her the listing :please: expecting there to be a :fight: or at very least :114: a questioning of my sanity and or common sense. Just then I got the reply saying it wasn't sold yet, but there had been a few inquiries with people who wanted to have a look at it first. I replied that based on the photos I had cash on hand, would buy it sight unseen, but I was a 2 hour drive away from him... And that is the story of how I drove to the Sarnia area, and came back with a really nice 195 in the trailer.

It's shiny and the right colour, but was painted with a brush, so not quite showroom condition but more than passes the 20/20 rule for me - (20 seconds or 20 feet)

Big thanks to :wife: for not :33: :pullhair: :no: and generally enabling my disorder...
'68 Case 195, '84 Case 446, '88 Ingersoll 222 - and 1965 Case 530ck (fullsize backhoe)
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

He he, I've done this sort of thing a few times. I'm also blessed with a very understanding :wife: . But then again, she now wants a fitbit or apple watch. What am I gonna say? Yes honey, great idea! :D support is a two way street. :))
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

Nothing wrong with brush paint jobs. My father use to paint the households cars with a brush years ago. Get her all ready to paint, put it outside on a hot July day and paint would go on. Baked on finish. He would always say, get a little dirt on it and when you driving down the road at 60 mph, nobody will know the difference. He was right.

Need some day time pictures of the tractor Gerry. When you get a chance.

Noel
thebuildist United States of America

Post by thebuildist »

Man, nice looking machine!

Bob
"Never be afraid to try something new. How hard can it be?"
RoamingGnome Canada

Post by RoamingGnome »

Eugen wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 10:07 am He he, I've done this sort of thing a few times. I'm also blessed with a very understanding :wife: . But then again, she now wants a fitbit or apple watch. What am I gonna say? Yes honey, great idea! :D support is a two way street. :))
You are so right @Eugen There is always give and take and compromise... It's her birthday next week, long ago I learned that gifts of household or kitchen appliances aren't appropriate for Christmas or Birthdays and she has recently assured me that includes gifts of Garden Tractors too... (I think the 195 might be an early Birthday present for me though... :)) )
@propane1 - Don't worry Noel, more photos coming later this long weekend, I was telling :wife: I'd like to get some photos of all 3 together - even if we have to push the 446 out of the tent garage...
'68 Case 195, '84 Case 446, '88 Ingersoll 222 - and 1965 Case 530ck (fullsize backhoe)
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Soon they'll be all running and you'll be faced with the "hard" choice of which to ride :))
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

RoamingGnome wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:47 am
Eugen wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 10:07 am He he, I've done this sort of thing a few times. I'm also blessed with a very understanding :wife: . But then again, she now wants a fitbit or apple watch. What am I gonna say? Yes honey, great idea! :D support is a two way street. :))
You are so right @Eugen There is always give and take and compromise... It's her birthday next week, long ago I learned that gifts of household or kitchen appliances aren't appropriate for Christmas or Birthdays and she has recently assured me that includes gifts of Garden Tractors too... (I think the 195 might be an early Birthday present for me though... :)) )
@propane1 - Don't worry Noel, more photos coming later this long weekend, I was telling :wife: I'd like to get some photos of all 3 together - even if we have to push the 446 out of the tent garage...

Thanks Gerry.

Noel
Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

Nice story Gerry and thanks for sharing. Mine has the same philosophy about gifts and she certainly has received her share over the years. I always thought after the kids were in their own I would get another Harley but now I’m not even interested in riding one. As for the bug eyes, I’m with you Case brother. I like the look too. :peace: Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226