Keeping everything going

Stuff about your Case, Colt, or Ingersoll tractor
Harry United States of America

Keeping everything going

Post by Harry »

I haven't even got into full swing yet and already having problems with equipment. I was hoping to have the 646 done by now but still have a few items to check off the punch list. Yesterday I tried to use the 444 to pull an aerator to work up the lawn where grass was planted for the septic job last summer. The contractor planted grass and it grew nicely but there are a few spots that it's sparce. He also used a seed that is maybe rye or fescue that is a wide blade grass. So I'm planning on over seeding. The tcv starting dripping oil out the spools so new O-rings need to be installed. One step forward and two steps back. O-rings were ordered and will be installed next week. Just when you think your ready to get a job done something else goes wrong.
:pullhair: Either way I try not to get to excited, just move on the next project at hand. :peace: Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
sdunt United States of America

Re: Keeping everything going

Post by sdunt »

O rings on ORDER? Just harashing you since I have an entire bag of O-rings for CCI valves on the shelf.. (my 646 has Std TVC, 2nd TCV as a PTO valve and Std loader valve all of which use the same O rings.) I ordered Cross X O rings from Mcmaster when I tore into my 646 couple years ago and I still have a bag of about 42 of them left.. The work nice for all of the nicks and Crap on the old machines.

Remember to insert the spools back into the casting the right way so you don't cut up the new O-rings.

How to install O rings in Valves, correctly:
https://www.casecoltingersoll.com/threa ... ost-757101
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

I hear you @Harry , just as I fixed a leak in the 444 another two small hydro leaks developed, but easier to fix than yours I think. The TCV on my 444 is not leaking but the aux spool goes past float since I got or. I've been putting off replacing it because it's usable and I kinda abhorred the replacement job. :109: Maybe I'll be inspired by you and don't it. :D
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
Toolslinger United States of America

Post by Toolslinger »

Good lord, I haven't even tried to start any of the Case machines this year... There's been no lack of frustration though with everything else...

Today:

I had to put a deck on the JD 140 for the first time in probably 30 years... I know the paperwork is here someplace, but I couldn't find it... Getting the blower off wasn't too bad, but that deck setup is something... Then the machine is bogging down randomly... Thought it was the deck binding, but no... Probably some crap fuel/water/plugged filter...

So then it was time to get the Walker ZTR out... Wouldn't start... BRAND NEW FRIGGIN ENGINE... Hour later, that was sorted... Should be good for the summer on little mowers now other than their yearly PM...

Pulled out the JD 300 (industrial, not a GT). Noted the rears need a little air. Put air in, and out it came... Valve stem is rotted out after 3 years with the calcium... Pulled out the MF 202 loader to help me remove the rears on the JD... Started, and running, but not charging... Made it to the tire place just before they closed, and they were great... Pulled the stems, replaced them, and I was out the door for $37 dollars... Caught my neighbor on the return leg, and he came up to help me remount them... 1000# tires are no fun to do solo. Decided to put everything away for the night... it was already almost 7pm. Noted the JD isn't charging either...That alternator was new last year... At least that's a diesel and only needs the battery to start...

Perhaps I'll actually get to the project I'm targeting now... Someone planted bamboo on my property at some point... That's going to be a long term eradication project I fear...
Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

I hear you loud and clear Toolslinger. Sometimes when it rains it pours. Good luck with keeping everything going. :peace: Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

I feel for you guys , as I haven't had one of those days in a while, but I know it's coming... 🤷‍♂️
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush: