so this one takes first place!

Shoot the breeze here.
ras101 United States of America

so this one takes first place!

Post by ras101 »

Browsing Ebay and found a post for two pulleys..check this out and I must admit I admire the seller's audacity to sell at that price...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363041192634?h ... R_Sp85PcYQ
Eugen Canada

Re: so this one takes first place!

Post by Eugen »

Quite a price. About a week ago I found a rebuild kit for the big backhoe which is priced around $1200 elsewhere (but no stock), at $10,000 USD on ebay. Well, I was curious and asked the seller if it's possibly a typo, you know, it's easy enough to add a zero at the end of the price by mistake. His reply was "no stock." But he didn't remove the listing. Do these people keep the listings so they attract attention? I don't know. Maybe clickbait.

Why don't you just ask the seller what that is about.
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
THEOTHERHALF United States of America

Post by THEOTHERHALF »

good thing you get free shipping! i scrolled down on listing and matched the part # for about $50.00 Kyle

Post by ras101 »

THEOTHERHALF wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:12 pm good thing you get free shipping! i scrolled down on listing and matched the part # for about $50.00 Kyle
Me too, that's why I listed it! seems like since Ingersoll went out of business that people think that owners will pay anything? Fed up of being taken for a ride guys.. People trying to sell used "nuts and bolts", used hydraulic lines, etc. at way above even the original price. For me i source my parts based on what it is. As I own the part I am trying to replace my tendency now is to refurbish my part first. when I am looking for a nut or bolt I always look to my local stockiest first and always stainless too. After all if I bought a used part I have no idea how it was used,etc. It's your choice guys but even a "new part" is only worth so much, right?
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

IMHO, what something is worth to anyone, is a personal thing. Notwithstanding the example above though, which I am convinced it is a mistake on the part of the seller. There are times when I see something on the second hand market and I don't bargain at all, because in my view it is worth the asking price. Some parts for our tractors, even from our vendors, are out of my reach (shipping, brokerage, etc.), though I might think they are worth the listed price. If money was no issue, as far as I am concerned, I'd buy exclusively from Bob @myerslawnandgarden I find Bob's involvement with us, Case enthusiasts, exemplary.
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E

Post by ras101 »

Eugen, as you said, there are basically two factors to what and where we buy. For parts that are exclusive to Case/Ingersoll GT's I buy from the dealer that "wants" to help and participate in our forum hands down. Sometimes I pay more, but most of the time I get satisfaction in knowing that the part is compatible, no even more than that, genuine, and will service me well. One prime example are belts and also bushings too, but there are many others too. Unfortunately, because of the demise of the Case/Ingersoll brand, new parts are starting to get hard to find. For me I look to our members and member dealers too first before I go elsewhere. I must admit when I go to Ebay and search on Lets quantify that a little too. I can get basic mechanical parts, like bolts, nuts, and washers, locally or online (for me i much prefer stainless anyway) what I need, and I am sure everyone else are the unique Case/Ingersoll parts. I hope our dealers will concentrate their efforts on those things first and I hope where those are in short/no supply they will take the lead to find someone/place that will provide/make them.
for one would personally love to deal with our dealers that have activated a machine-shop type deals with their providers to maintain supplies of our needed maintenance/needed parts. Being able to get a bushing, or a bracket, or whatever is more important to me than a nut or bolt I can source myself from a local big box. Above all, I will pay a premium for that exclusive part too.
MattA United States of America

Post by MattA »

$6540.75 for a hydraulic hose. Must be an expensive tractor :rofl:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/272008296444?e ... R6bEgqvcYQ
Ingersoll 4016
Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

Whoever would buy that hose at that price has been Hosed! :43: :peace: Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

ras101 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:54 pm Browsing Ebay and found a post for two pulleys..check this out and I must admit I admire the seller's audacity to sell at that price...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363041192634?h ... R_Sp85PcYQ
I was curious about this and sent a message to the seller, asking if it's possibly an error in the price. He never replied. I guess the price is correct.
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

The seller got back to me, he said he is sorry and that it's an error.
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E