Seat Recomendations

Stuff about your Case, Colt, or Ingersoll tractor
Eugen Canada

Re: Seat Recomendations

Post by Eugen »

The big problem I find is the molded seat in an irregular shape, meaning it has grooves and such. If it was a straight cushion that would be quite easy to just get a piece of good quality marine vinyl and wrap it around, staple, and bob's your uncle. I just don't trust glue much.

In fact, just this discussion made me decide to look for some UV resistant tough marine vinyl and fix my seats. :inacall: :geek: :)

Edit: had a look on the local market, and what do you know. Someone's selling this fabric below for $15 a yard, 54 inch wide. Seems like good quality, the only problem is on the North-East side of Toronto. I don't want to drive there just for this. If it was just a little closer I'd get some. :(
Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 14.06.52.png
Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 14.06.24.png
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Eugen wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:58 pm The big problem I find is the molded seat in an irregular shape, meaning it has grooves and such. If it was a straight cushion that would be quite easy to just get a piece of good quality marine vinyl and wrap it around, staple, and bob's your uncle. I just don't trust glue much.

In fact, just this discussion made me decide to look for some UV resistant tough marine vinyl and fix my seats. :inacall: :geek: :)

Edit: had a look on the local market, and what do you know. Someone's selling this fabric below for $15 a yard, 54 inch wide. Seems like good quality, the only problem is on the North-East side of Toronto. I don't want to drive there just for this. If it was just a little closer I'd get some. :(

Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 14.06.52.png

Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 14.06.24.png
Try Len's Mill in Barrie just off 364 St Vincent St. at the 400 . Thats my go to for marine vinyl ect.
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

propane1 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:55 pm Eugen and Jeff are real comedians, try to ask a question to get real answers and that’s what ya get. Thanks fellas. The stuff I never knew.

Noel
Noel,
I have taken this to heart. If I insulted you with my really dumb joke, please know it wasn’t intentional. I respect you and your opinion, and if that is the case I certainly hope you will accept my apology.
Jancoe United States of America

Post by Jancoe »

If you need to repair/seal or glue stuff back together, this is the stuff to use. Would.work really good on vinyl. I always have a bottle of it around. There is so many uses. I use it mostly on bandaid's mostly. Lol when you have a cut on your finger and the bandaid always peels off, this stuff I seal the end of it and the bandaid stays put. I've mended 2 pieces of vinyl and fabrics together.
Patched rips. Good stuff.

Tear Mender - Repairing Clothing Since 1932 https://www.tearmender.com/[IMG]https:/ ... 82261b.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

We all are jokesters at times . It keeps it light and enjoyable . There are cases when we need to ask a real question but there is a joke there to be had . In that case , I suggest we Just say " in all seriousness " ........ Get answer you are looking for .
Gorilla Tape is a higher quality than that of the Duct we have now . The original Duct tape was very robust and was use in Nascar and dubbed 200 mph Tape .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Oh I just saw this, I'm really sorry Noel, sometimes I make a joke at the wrong time. :( in fact I also thought you were joking, as I had no idea about the difference in those tapes. I'll be more careful.
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
keith Canada

Post by keith »

Red Green said "the difference between a handyman and a professional handyman is that the professional handyman doesn't get as many wrinkles in his duct tape" Remember....if the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy.