Seat Recomendations

Stuff about your Case, Colt, or Ingersoll tractor
ras101 United States of America

Seat Recomendations

Post by ras101 »

So guys, what are you seat recommendations?
I have two. maybe three GT's that need new seats! My fundamental requirement is comfort and if possible arm rests (I am 75 after-all!) . Like to just bolt in but know that will be hard too as the bolt spacing seems to be odd on Case so lets modify that request to minimum install changes. Must be rugged and last a life time - yeah right!.. Oh, should not be YELLOW. Should be cheap too (i'm on a pension) Anyone want to take the challenge?
DavidBarkey Canada

Re: Seat Recomendations

Post by DavidBarkey »

ras101 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:33 pm So guys, what are you seat recommendations?
I have two. maybe three GT's that need new seats! My fundamental requirement is comfort and if possible arm rests (I am 75 after-all!) . Like to just bolt in but know that will be hard too as the bolt spacing seems to be odd on Case so lets modify that request to minimum install changes. Must be rugged and last a life time - yeah right!.. Oh, should not be YELLOW. Should be cheap too (i'm on a pension) Anyone want to take the challenge?
Ray , what I use is high back skid steer seats . They have a better vinyl and high back with more cushioning . I use adjusting tracks as well as grandson needs to drive them as well and he is shorter than me, for know at least . you won't need the tracks . Here is the last on I bought .I got it on sale . :lol:
image.png
. It is in the 446 Blower tractor . Very comfortable , helps with my back and has mounting point for arm rests , but I don't know where you would get them .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
ras101 United States of America

Post by ras101 »

Hi, does this one fit with the bolt patterns on the Case?
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

ras101 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:08 pm Hi, does this one fit with the bolt patterns on the Case?
I can't remember if I had to drill new holes . It like most come with multiple bolt options to chose from . I got this one from Princess Auto :canada: You guys in the :usa: have different store with similar products Like Northern tool ect.
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

I bought this one at a local farm and home store.
2101BFE6-333B-4900-A7C3-507651EB97C4.jpeg
It was between $80 and $100. I did have to drill new holes in the the seat plate on the tractor. You probably will have to as well. In my case I wanted a lower back seat for the 648 LBH.

Take a look on Amazon. They have some high back universal seats with arm rests in the $140 to $200 range.
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

Always a problem here with seats. Having a dozen or so tractors, the old seats have cracked plastic coverings. So if you have to put it outside and it rains, we’ll there ya are with a wet you know what. Mostly mine are inside. But there are times they are out and make it difficult to find something to cover them, in case of rain. I would like to change them all to a steel seat. No covering. But I know what your thinking. Summer time not so bad, but winter time, you’d have a cold, you know what. And steel seat may not be comfortable on the, you now what. So a person could use a cushion. But remembering it could be a problem. Any way, always a problem with seats for me.
The 1951 TEA20 Ferguson tractor I have, has a steel seat. Works great. Easy to dry off if rained on. I find it comfortable to sit on.

There now, a seat ramble for today.

Have a good one members. :wave:

Noel :D
Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

Most of my GT,s are kept inside, so no problem with getting wet. A few of my seats have drain holes or I flip them up so they wouldn’t get wet. The 644 lbh I do keep outside during the summer when I use it often. I flip the seat up and put a tarp over it to keep it dry. I don’t think I would like the seats with arm rests. For me I think they would get in the way. :peace: Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
RoamingGnome Canada

Post by RoamingGnome »

If you a getting an economy seat - have a close look at it before you buy - I almost bought a "universal" seat from Princess Auto (aka Harbor freight for friends stateside) I found that the black vinyl was already separating from the foam underneath - we opened 3 boxes and all had big air bubbles somewhere on the cushion... I take a heavy duty garbage bag when ever I have to sit on the seat of my big Case backhoe...
'68 Case 195, '84 Case 446, '88 Ingersoll 222 - and 1965 Case 530ck (fullsize backhoe)
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Good and timely discussion for me too. Two of my tractors are missing seats, but as @RoamingGnome says, I'm reluctant to get one of the "universal" ones from fear the vinyl isn't resistant. I know for a fact that resistant vinyl exists as it is used for boat seats. My tractors stay mostly outside so the seat must be strong and especially UV resistant, as UV is a killer.

I'm even considering getting boat seat vinyl to cover the ripped seats myself.
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

@Eugen your right UV is a killer for sure. The seat in my picture above is all rubber with a mounting plate molded in. No vinyl at all. Will it hold up better? I don’t know I’m hoping so. Either way a tarp is probably worth considering for equipment that lives out side. I’d much rather sacrifice a cheap tarp to the weather and UV.
Don’t you love it when a vinyl seat looks great and you sit down and just hear crunching as the vinyl crumbles to dust! :109: