Gas cap with gauge

Stuff about your Case, Colt, or Ingersoll tractor
RoamingGnome Canada

Re: Gas cap with gauge

Post by RoamingGnome »

You could always have your cake and eat it too -
4 in 1 gauge.jpg
4 in 1 combo gauge https://a.co/d/jh4spsl
- I'm sure there are probably programmable digital ones out there or you could always put a 2 or 3 gauge pod above the dash...
'68 Case 195, '84 Case 446, '88 Ingersoll 222 - and 1965 Case 530ck (fullsize backhoe)
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

@RoamingGnome , one of the members here, @thebuildist , was talking not long ago about a digital display which he would program to round robin through a number of different sensors. Not sure if he continued work on it though. I'm not a big fan of many wires all over the tractor, just don't like the potential issues with them and avoiding them when doing maintenance or other stuff. I'll be happy with only one gauge, amps. But i can see the appeal of more info. :cheers:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

I can tell you that I have 3 guages in Frankie and the one I look at first is the fuel level . Then if I am working him hard I watch the hydra oil temp as the cooling fan is still manual switch . Last is volts when I have all my acc. running , I only have 20 amp output .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

I wounder if there is the room to swap out the 2" gauge and install a 3.5" gauge .
:hm:
worth a look .
The nice thing about Onan's is the pressurized oil system has a port . I put idiot light and sensor in for that already .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
thebuildist United States of America

Post by thebuildist »

DavidBarkey wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:31 am I wounder if there is the room to swap out the 2" gauge and install a 3.5" gauge .
worth a look .
The nice thing about Onan's is the pressurized oil system has a port . I put idiot light and sensor in for that already .
Good question, David.

I haven't made progress on the "rotating multi-gauge". But I will admit that this caught my eye: https://www.ebay.com/itm/403837241809

I'd hook up "oil pressure", "fuel, and "volts" as per normal. But I'd hook up "temp" to hydro oil temp.

But it's a 3.5" gauge, so you'd need room for that.

Bob
"Never be afraid to try something new. How hard can it be?"
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

thebuildist wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:27 pm
DavidBarkey wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:31 am I wounder if there is the room to swap out the 2" gauge and install a 3.5" gauge .
worth a look .
Good question, David.

I haven't made progress on the "rotating multi-gauge". But I will admit that this caught my eye: https://www.ebay.com/itm/403837241809

I'd hook up "oil pressure", "fuel, and "volts" as per normal. But I'd hook up "temp" to hydro oil temp.

But it's a 3.5" gauge, so you'd need room for that.

Bob
Ya saw some like that to then saw this one .
https://www.amazon.ca/MISHITI-Digital-V ... 204&sr=8-8
This might be of interest to some .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
thebuildist United States of America

Post by thebuildist »

I like how it comes with all the sensors it needs. That way you can be sure that you don't have compatibility problems.

I wonder if that LCD is truly weatherproof / waterproof?

Bob
"Never be afraid to try something new. How hard can it be?"
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

thebuildist wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:35 am I like how it comes with all the sensors it needs. That way you can be sure that you don't have compatibility problems.

I wonder if that LCD is truly weatherproof / waterproof?

Bob
Working humidity:45%-75%RH
I think it would be better of in a cab or under a roof to keep out of direct weather .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

DavidBarkey wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:38 pm Check this out . Simplicity 2156175SMimage.png
image.png
I am working on the restoration of the Allis Chalmers B-112 for my dad . The float is gone and can't see through the lens . So this thing is just a rebranded Simplicity . . The part is still available , just ordered one . Ya ,but what does that mean for Case tractors . It is the same cap and the AC. tank is only 1/2" shorter . I just measured . When the new on arrives I will double check it on my metal tank , but the old one fits a spare Case tank I have . This looks like an option for anyone with a metal tank and wants a simple manual gauge .
20231205_093358.jpg
20231205_093449.jpg
Ok so the other day I got to doing this up . The cap gauge that Bob adapted to the plastic tank is to wide to fit into a metal tank . I got new cap gauge for the AC B112 tractor , so I took the old one apart . The lense was so bad you could no longer see through it . Used a dremmel and cut it out and replaced with new lence ground down from an old amp gauge . The thing is to short to read correctly and float is gone . I had another one from a different tank . Cut and welded to give me the desired length . Put every thing together , added a couple little vent hole just under the lense on the side, a little tweeking to make to float move up and down freely . New gasket and installed in tank . Seams to do the job and was all old over parts most would have thrown out and some time .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder