LX 790 engine

Stuff about your Case, Colt, or Ingersoll tractor
ras101 United States of America

Re: LX 790 engine

Post by ras101 »

Just so you guys know. This engine has been on Craigslist a while. For me I know of at least 6 weeks but I have been told by others a lot longer. The price has never changed, nor has the posting. The poster has not really been active either and is not in any way proactive in selling this. Seems he is not interested in talking to anyone by txt but offers that or phone call as the methods to contact him/her. If he/she does respond it never ever answers the questions asked (in initial contact I have learnt over years to contact by Craigslist sellers by txt only as there are way too many scam artists out there looking for your personal info). This guy/girl is NOT interested at all in answering questions either. It really is your choice to answer and take risks .. for me it is not worth that..
ras101 United States of America

Post by ras101 »

Thought I owed you guys an update on this engine and perhaps show you what not to do if you post on an online site for sale.

This engine has been on this site continuously for almost a year now!! The seller is frankly a jerk that even refuses at times to return emails or even think that his asking price is unreasonable. IMO anyone that thinks they know better than the buying public and pricing is frankly an idiot..

Checked today it's still there!!!!
CaseIngersollNE United States of America

Post by CaseIngersollNE »

I will give you the other side from my opinion and experiences. As we sell hundreds of things a year on Craigslist and market place. The scams go both ways and by far, far more scammer buyers than sellers. With Craigslist especially and the people that tend to use CL over market place, giving a phone number in the ad is a MUST as most the older generations use or prefer CL over market place, and with that most times they prefer phone over email and text. The nice thing with market place is you can get a little feeling through chat who you are talking to and look at profiles and see what they are about and get a feel for if real or not. Now with that all said, we always insist on talking on the phone before meetings and giving addresses regardless if buying or selling. For the most part you can get a pretty decent feel for whos on the other line and what they are about and from there decide if you want to give your address out or meet etc or go to a address to buy something. I wont willy neeely give my home or business address out without getting a feel for a person or their intention the phone. No system is perfect but this is how we roll. Also food for thought again more so with craiglsit I find most times the sellers on there either cant or do not want to email or text and prefer to talk on the phone and you get much better results with phone calls. I myself prefer to just talk, though we do countless texts and emails and chats weekly along with many, many phone calls. But when doing in person deals I just prefer to talk to someone to talk about what I am buying or selling and to see if I want to proceed further. The other thing I will say and is frustrating and sad is most the younger generations, dont, wont and CANT talk on the phone lol..Hopefully this may help just sharing my experiences and 2 cents on these situations.