Page 1 of 1

Left Discharge Deck?

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:15 am
by Toolslinger
Help me out guys, I'm a bit swamped and don't feel like researching this...

Never had a mower deck for any of the Case gear... I've got a 444 that I could plausibly put one under. The only reason I'm thinking it might be useful is I just picked up a Trac Vac 1080 that is built for a left discharge mower deck pickup. If putting a left discharge deck on the 444 is a viable option, then I could throw that in to the calculous of what I'm going to do to/with the 1080 for it's intended leaf collection duties. Was mostly planning to use it as a loader, but deck collection might be better due to the chopping... Certainly isn't going to come in to the equation for this season's leaves though...

Re: Left Discharge Deck?

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:27 am
by Timj
I guess I'm not exactly sure what the question is?
The 3 digit tractors use left discharge decks, the 4 digit use right discharge.
I think you will like it for leaf pickup. I have the Hydra vac, it does a great job. If you have big area and heavy leaves the trailer is the way to go.
KIMG0268.JPG
KIMG0271.JPG

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:50 am
by Toolslinger
Right... That's all I needed. I'll start a casual search for a deck then. Way easier to just find a deck for the Case than start changing the assembly on the 1080 to come out the right side to work with the Deere.

:cheers:

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:54 am
by Timj
Toolslinger wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:50 am Right... That's all I needed. I'll start a casual search for a deck then. Way easier to just find a deck for the Case than start changing the assembly on the 1080 to come out the right side to work with the Deere.

:cheers:
Good luck, what's another project. :rofl: this one will be worth it.

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:02 am
by Toolslinger
Compared to loose loading leaves in the 5/8 yd loader bucket to drive 1/4 mile to the compost pile, yea, this will be worth it... Or I can spend forever doing it with a million trips with the Walker GHS... Leaf removal was not something my father ever figured out in any kind of sane way... I guess when I retire I could spend days doing it, but not currently...

There is a Brouwer Vac that I'd really love to get, but that's $2500... That would be the end all be all unit though... PTO powered by a 45 horse tractor. 5 or 6' wide pickup chute, or like a 16" hose... Walking floor to unload what is like an 8 yard box... One, possibly two trips, and I'd be done for the season...

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:51 am
by Eugen
Ahm... that sounds like a lot of trouble. The way I see it, no trees, no leaves. :D (insert emoji of a chainsaw here)

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:26 pm
by Toolslinger
A couple hundred years ago, it's quite likely the whole place was clear cut for lumber...

Wouldn't be my taste. I'm always amazed by the folks that move out to the country, cut down all the trees, and drop a house smack in the center of some gigantic lawn, exposed to the wind and sun all the time.

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:41 pm
by propane1
I don’t worry to much about the leaves. I just run the lawn mower over them, chop them up and that’s it. I don’t rake. And never see much around in the spring. They all blow to the woods or neighbours. Granted I don’t get many leaves any way. But, This year hurricane Fiona blew them all away. And blew down some trees, so I’ll have even less leaves next year.

Noel

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:46 pm
by Toolslinger
The majority of leaves get chopped and left in place. I have to clean them out from around, and under the house as it's up on piers. I need to get down to the bare dirt for the exterminator to do his thing. If I didn't, then the leaves protect the bugs from the chemicals, and I'd have no house in short order.

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:46 pm
by DavidBarkey
Propane57 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:41 pm I don’t worry to much about the leaves. I just run the lawn mower over them, chop them up and that’s it. I don’t rake. And never see much around in the spring. They all blow to the woods or neighbours. Granted I don’t get many leaves any way. But, This year hurricane Fiona blew them all away. And blew down some trees, so I’ll have even less leaves next year.

Noel
Ya I know , Want them back . :rofl:

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:59 pm
by MattA
My neighborhood fills up an old cow farm field. No trees, sun all day and it can get quite windy. I'd rather have some trees.