Left Discharge Deck?

Stuff about your Case, Colt, or Ingersoll tractor
Toolslinger United States of America

Left Discharge Deck?

Post by Toolslinger »

Help me out guys, I'm a bit swamped and don't feel like researching this...

Never had a mower deck for any of the Case gear... I've got a 444 that I could plausibly put one under. The only reason I'm thinking it might be useful is I just picked up a Trac Vac 1080 that is built for a left discharge mower deck pickup. If putting a left discharge deck on the 444 is a viable option, then I could throw that in to the calculous of what I'm going to do to/with the 1080 for it's intended leaf collection duties. Was mostly planning to use it as a loader, but deck collection might be better due to the chopping... Certainly isn't going to come in to the equation for this season's leaves though...
Timj United States of America

Re: Left Discharge Deck?

Post by Timj »

I guess I'm not exactly sure what the question is?
The 3 digit tractors use left discharge decks, the 4 digit use right discharge.
I think you will like it for leaf pickup. I have the Hydra vac, it does a great job. If you have big area and heavy leaves the trailer is the way to go.
KIMG0268.JPG
KIMG0271.JPG
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:

Post by Toolslinger »

Right... That's all I needed. I'll start a casual search for a deck then. Way easier to just find a deck for the Case than start changing the assembly on the 1080 to come out the right side to work with the Deere.

:cheers:
Timj United States of America

Post by Timj »

Toolslinger wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:50 am Right... That's all I needed. I'll start a casual search for a deck then. Way easier to just find a deck for the Case than start changing the assembly on the 1080 to come out the right side to work with the Deere.

:cheers:
Good luck, what's another project. :rofl: this one will be worth it.
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:

Post by Toolslinger »

Compared to loose loading leaves in the 5/8 yd loader bucket to drive 1/4 mile to the compost pile, yea, this will be worth it... Or I can spend forever doing it with a million trips with the Walker GHS... Leaf removal was not something my father ever figured out in any kind of sane way... I guess when I retire I could spend days doing it, but not currently...

There is a Brouwer Vac that I'd really love to get, but that's $2500... That would be the end all be all unit though... PTO powered by a 45 horse tractor. 5 or 6' wide pickup chute, or like a 16" hose... Walking floor to unload what is like an 8 yard box... One, possibly two trips, and I'd be done for the season...
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Ahm... that sounds like a lot of trouble. The way I see it, no trees, no leaves. :D (insert emoji of a chainsaw here)
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:

Post by Toolslinger »

A couple hundred years ago, it's quite likely the whole place was clear cut for lumber...

Wouldn't be my taste. I'm always amazed by the folks that move out to the country, cut down all the trees, and drop a house smack in the center of some gigantic lawn, exposed to the wind and sun all the time.
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

I don’t worry to much about the leaves. I just run the lawn mower over them, chop them up and that’s it. I don’t rake. And never see much around in the spring. They all blow to the woods or neighbours. Granted I don’t get many leaves any way. But, This year hurricane Fiona blew them all away. And blew down some trees, so I’ll have even less leaves next year.

Noel

Post by Toolslinger »

The majority of leaves get chopped and left in place. I have to clean them out from around, and under the house as it's up on piers. I need to get down to the bare dirt for the exterminator to do his thing. If I didn't, then the leaves protect the bugs from the chemicals, and I'd have no house in short order.
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Propane57 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:41 pm I don’t worry to much about the leaves. I just run the lawn mower over them, chop them up and that’s it. I don’t rake. And never see much around in the spring. They all blow to the woods or neighbours. Granted I don’t get many leaves any way. But, This year hurricane Fiona blew them all away. And blew down some trees, so I’ll have even less leaves next year.

Noel
Ya I know , Want them back . :rofl:
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder