Slipping throttle lever

Stuff about your Case, Colt, or Ingersoll tractor
Gordy United States of America

Slipping throttle lever

Post by Gordy »

The throttle Lever started slipping on the 3012. Having done this repair on a 224 years ago, I was not looking forward to this one. I GOT really lucky in that a PO had done this repair already with a 1/4" bolt and lock nut :thumbsup:
SAM_0981.JPG
It was a tight working space, but with 2 box end wrenches I was able to get 1 tooth advance turning both wenches at the same time. A little flex in the plastic dash helped as did clamping a needle nose vise grip to the sides of one of the wrenches open end, tight enough to hold but loose enough to provide a little pivot action and more movement of the wrench.

:cheers:
Gordy
Eugen Canada

Re: Slipping throttle lever

Post by Eugen »

Oh yeah, nasty one Gordy! I have been procrastinating doing it on one of my tractors :109:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:

Post by Gordy »

Eugen wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:28 am Oh yeah, nasty one Gordy! I have been procrastinating doing it on one of my tractors :109:
Actually it was about 10 minutes chasing wrenches and all. The picture is from the top/back of the oil tank looking down, and is where the work was done, nothing to disassemble :thumbsup: . I will have to look at the 224, I don't recall there being that much if any room to view let alone work.I was definitely happy when I saw this. ;)

Gordy
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Yeah @Gordy but I don't have the bolt and nut there. I'm thinking the whole lever must come out to replace the rivet with nut and bolt.
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
myerslawnandgarden United States of America

Post by myerslawnandgarden »

Gordy wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:56 pm The throttle Lever started slipping on the 3012. Having done this repair on a 224 years ago, I was not looking forward to this one. I GOT really lucky in that a PO had done this repair already with a 1/4" bolt and lock nut :thumbsup:

SAM_0981.JPG

It was a tight working space, but with 2 box end wrenches I was able to get 1 tooth advance turning both wenches at the same time. A little flex in the plastic dash helped as did clamping a needle nose vise grip to the sides of one of the wrenches open end, tight enough to hold but loose enough to provide a little pivot action and more movement of the wrench.

Gordy
Gordy,

Your 3012 is new enough that Ingersoll had already started providing the bolt and self locking nut as a production part. Sure is nice to have the lever stay where you set it, right?

Bob
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Eugen wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:05 am Yeah @Gordy but I don't have the bolt and nut there. I'm thinking the whole lever must come out to replace the rivet with nut and bolt.
some times you can get a set of vise grip in there and give a little squeese on that rivet enough to get it to hold a while longer . At least until you have to do something else that involve take the battery and tank out .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder

Post by Gordy »

myerslawnandgarden wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:38 pm
Gordy wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:56 pm The throttle Lever started slipping on the 3012. Having done this repair on a 224 years ago, I was not looking forward to this one. I GOT really lucky in that a PO had done this repair already with a 1/4" bolt and lock nut :thumbsup:

SAM_0981.JPG

Gordy
Gordy,

Your 3012 is new enough that Ingersoll had already started providing the bolt and self locking nut as a production part. Sure is nice to have the lever stay where you set it, right?

Bob
Thanks Bob, been into CCI for a long time and had never heard this before. I believe the 3012 is a 1992 model.

Gordy