So here's my problem guys....

Stuff about your Case, Colt, or Ingersoll tractor
ras101 United States of America

Re: So here's my problem guys....

Post by ras101 »

I just snagged a pair of "wings" - yeah you know those things that extend the snow caster clearing width by an additional 4 inches. Did the rounds of our dealers and well Bob at Caseingersollparts.com came in leaps and bounds better on price. Well when they arrived! the quality is bar NON. Need wings guys this is the place to visit first and delivered in 3 days!!!!!

Post by ras101 »

Now got the 'caster wings ' I needed I now need the extensions ... ie the parts that slice through the snow bank. Not even sure what they would be called (remember guys I am still trying to learn the American language (I'm a Brit by birth and even though I am 75 I am a 34 year old American!)

Not sure that anyone sells these parts, and if I guess if I need to I could always draw and make my own but anyone out there that has these?). Wish I had a photo but know they extend into the air from the caster front edges and not only cut through a snow bank but identify the cutting edge too. If nothing else looking for dimensions.
RoamingGnome Canada

Post by RoamingGnome »

Not sure what the Case/Ingersoll technical term would be for them, I'd probably call them "Drift Cutters" so you can tell where the wings are when pushing through a snow drift deeper than the snowcaster :cheers:
'68 Case 195, '84 Case 446, '88 Ingersoll 222 - and 1965 Case 530ck (fullsize backhoe)
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Snowdrift or drift cutters? :hm:

Edit: @RoamingGnome haha, we cross posted! :D great minds think alike !
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
myerslawnandgarden United States of America

Post by myerslawnandgarden »

ras101 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 1:33 pm I just snagged a pair of "wings" - yeah you know those things that extend the snow caster clearing width by an additional 4 inches. Did the rounds of our dealers and well Bob at Caseingersollparts.com came in leaps and bounds better on price. Well when they arrived! the quality is bar NON. Need wings guys this is the place to visit first and delivered in 3 days!!!!!
So Ray,

I really hate to correct you, but you were so kind to email me as well as post here regarding your satisfaction with your order that I have to comment.

You ordered on our website, casegardentractorparts.com, rather than caseingersollparts.com. I'm sure that Jason appreciates the positive feedback though, lol.

Just kind of joking, we love all of our customers as well as the other dealers who help in keeping the Case/Ingersoll parts business alive.

Thanks much for your purchase,

Bob

Post by ras101 »

My mistake Bob.. The wings did arrive and well they are excellent. Thank you!
BobAfton United States of America

Post by BobAfton »

Ray, if you are looking for drift cutters like in my photo, I got these Ariens Drift Cutters from Amazon several years ago. They had several models depending on what length and hole spacing you may need.
Bob
Attachments
Winter 2019 446 s(5).JPG
Winter 2019 446 s(3).JPG
MattA United States of America

Post by MattA »

My dad used to call them cutter bars... or nut cutters. He warned me years ago not to walk into them. Drift cutters seems like a more common name :cheers:
Ingersoll 4016

Post by ras101 »

Thanks Bob for the pic and yes that is exactly what I was talking about and at least the starting point to look. Any chance of measuring your center deflector for me? I am looking to make one too and I hear they are a great help.
Thanks
MattA United States of America

Post by MattA »

ras101 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:00 am Thanks Bob for the pic and yes that is exactly what I was talking about and at least the starting point to look. Any chance of measuring your center deflector for me? I am looking to make one too and I hear they are a great help.
Thanks
I think @Jancoe also made one. Would be nice to get a drawing made up and have some fabbed up.
Ingersoll 4016