collecting eggs is dangerous

DavidBarkey Canada

Re: collecting eggs is dangerous

Post by DavidBarkey »

Eugen wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:33 am Dave, I wish you a speedy recovery from this pain.

Interesting fact how sometimes just a tiny thing throws you in pain. A guy I work with has been in a lot of lower back pain from a cough. He's not old, in his late fifties, and was just recovering from a bad cold. One of my theories is that from time to time we have some sort of general inflammation in our bodies, and that's when small movements can lead to a lot of pain. I am not a medical doctor, but this is my theory. :violin:
A coughing fit can be strong enough to crack a rib . I knew a guy who did just that after inhaling some of he what he was drinking . Coughed so hard that cracked a rib .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

RoamingGnome wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:48 pm Sorry to hear you tweaked your wrist - it's never fun regardless of how it happens. Hope you are feeling better soon - :wife: has had issues with her wrist since last fall - pulling a two wheel dolly that twisted on rough terrain at the property...
Does she use a brace at night ?
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Gordy United States of America

Post by Gordy »

For the carpal tunnel, I have just done stretching exercises. Place your palms together like praying and move your elbows out to the side, then force your hands down to bend the wrists back as far as you can. I suppose if you want to multitask push ups would work to ;) Then repeat this but put the back of your hands together and push tight to bend the wrists down. Years of factory welding and lots of angle grinder use, and later heavy equipment operating hanging on to a steering wheel for 10-12 hours a day will catch up to you :headbash:

The back. It is always the lite stuff that gets me. I can throw feed sacks and welding gas cylinders over a shoulder no problem. But bent over a welding table and straightening up put me on my knees my back hurt so bad. Another time standing up straight with a empty windex bottle in one hand and a gallon jug of washer fluid in the other, as I started to pour fluid to fill the smaller bottle something in my back pinched and was again on my knees.

I also get the pinched nerve / electrification feeling in thumbs and fingers from time to time, grab something and it feels like I just grabbed one of those 100+ mile electric fencers :O

:cheers:
Gordy
RoamingGnome Canada

Post by RoamingGnome »

DavidBarkey wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:33 am Does she use a brace at night ?
Yes she does - although she tends to remember it more when her wrist is really bugging her - her diagnosis was for "De Quervain's tenosynovitis" it's an inflammation of the tendons on the thumb side of the wrist - like when you are trying to grab or pinch something between your thumb and the rest of your fingers. I tease her :fight: about having one and a half opposable thumbs :cuss:

I think it is a combination of stress from years of doing pen and ink art (stippling or pointillism) and the hand cart incident - I let her pull the dolly with a couple of 2' patio stones standing upright on it - wheel hit a hole in the ground and spun her wrist almost 180 degrees - she should have let it go and jumped out of the way...

She's seen the doctor, and had a couple of physio appointments and got some exercises to do - it's just a slow healing process...

I had mechanic friends that had surgery for tendinitis in their wrists - it helped with the symptoms but they were a lot more careful about swinging sledgehammers and using 1" impact guns when they finally returned to work after long lengthy recoveries...
'68 Case 195, '84 Case 446, '88 Ingersoll 222 - and 1965 Case 530ck (fullsize backhoe)
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

Gordy wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:45 am

The back. It is always the lite stuff that gets me. I can throw feed sacks and welding gas cylinders over a shoulder no problem. But bent over a welding table and straightening up put me on my knees my back hurt so bad. Another time standing up straight with a empty windex bottle in one hand and a gallon jug of washer fluid in the other, as I started to pour fluid to fill the smaller bottle something in my back pinched and was again on my knees.

:cheers:
Gordy

My back is the same way Gordy. It sure is aggravating when all you do is stand up and it feels like somebody has stuck an ice pick in your back.
Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

When I use to lift the babies out of the crib, it would always give me a pain in my back. :peace: Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226