Case logging

Chad Canada

Case logging

Post by Chad »

My big summer project has been a larger woodshed. Before I began I needed to fell this dead ash. It sat for about a month until today when I decided to start bucking it up now that the big pile has moved inside the shed. But it was laying in some pretty thick brush (not to mention some poison ivy lurking around). Then it dawned on me - why not try pulling it with the 444 to a more suitable spot?

Grabbed a chain, cinched it up and after a few tugs I managed to drag it out. It was about 40' long and 10" at the base, far end about 8 inches. Quite a bit of weight but the 444 did it...at half throttle too.

Think I need to build or get a log arch if I do it again.

Once again impressed with the pulling ability of these tractors!ImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

JSinMO United States of America

Re: Case logging

Post by JSinMO »

Nicely done! :thumbsup: These really are impressive machines. Good idea on the the log arch, I’d be curious at how much more it would pull using one.
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Well done Chad! Going with your axe in the woods, felling a tree, and pulling it back with the tractor, fun fun fun! :D These tractors will pull hard, all you need is grip. Did you feel your front go up at all?

Now I saw the birdhouse on that tree. Oh no, what have you done?! :109: :giggle:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

Nice job. They pull good. After hurricane Fiona last September, I pulled a lot of trees and branches with the Case 446.

Noel
Chad Canada

Post by Chad »

@Eugen The birds had long since left, thankfully! My kids cleaned it out and repainted it, now back in service on another tree :) And the front wheels stayed down the whole time. I have another set of wheel weights that came with this tractor, which when installed is about 150lbs each side. It has about 100 lbs each side now. I wonder what the previous owner was pulling/pushing with it? It has a beefy bracket with long bolts around the entire axle housing.

I really shouldn't be surprised considering how much I've pushed with the blade too!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

I believe most owners just use their GT to only cut grass. Some may also remove snow or till even split wood. Not many use them to their full potential and pull logs or push brush. I use mine for some unusual jobs but usually my 600 series GT’s. :thumbsup: :peace: Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226