So guys, are you satisfied???

Let us know how we're doing, what you want changed, or flag problems.
Spike188 Canada

Re: So guys, are you satisfied???

Post by Spike188 »

@Gordy some of those links redirect to this website. Look at some of the links closely and you will find ccigt
Spike Colt - 9 & 10, Case - 108, 118, 444, 446, 448, 646, 646bh, Ingersoll 4016, 4118AH
Gordy United States of America

Post by Gordy »

Spike188 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:17 pm @Gordy some of those links redirect to this website. Look at some of the links closely and you will find ccigt
I had noticed that. When rebuilding, sometimes you have use what you can find. The point is that there are still good people on the other site trying to make it work.

:cheers:
Gordy
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Gordy wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:45 pm On the old site Lionel had put in a bunch of work awhile back to get the library working, but sometime after that some of it crapped out again. He has been back at it :worship: The last time I was there the old format was there with unclickable links, but if I scrolled down below that the new links were there.

Gordy
Lionel at cci is a great guy!!! All admins are and I personally invited them here, not only as regular users, but as admins as well. I have great respect for them and many of the users. The ownership should take care of them, you don't just find good people growing on trees. :smash:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

Eugen wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:09 pm
Gordy wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:45 pm On the old site Lionel had put in a bunch of work awhile back to get the library working, but sometime after that some of it crapped out again. He has been back at it :worship: The last time I was there the old format was there with unclickable links, but if I scrolled down below that the new links were there.

Gordy
Lionel at CCI is a great guy!!! All admins are and I personally invited them here, not only as regular users, but as admins as well. I have great respect for them and many of the users. The ownership should take care of them, you don't just find good people growing on trees. :smash:
[/quote

I recently had been in communication with Lionel from CCI. He is a great guy and we were trying to get the manuals back up and working. I was downloading manuals and sending them to the CCI site for him to insert where belong. The operator manuals were the ones that were missing. He figured out that the manuals were there but they wouldn't open. He did his magic and figured how to open them and repost them which I know was very time consuming. Many people have shared a wealth of knowledge on that site. Some have left and some have stayed. I credit Lionel for keeping the site together even though the new owner VS seems to not care. They just want to make the advertising money from the advertisers.

Keep the Peace :cop:
Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
Gordy United States of America

Post by Gordy »

Harry wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:09 am the new owner VS seems to not care. They just want to make the advertising money from the advertisers.

Harry
Harry,Thanks for your help on the other site :thumbsup: you are awesome :worship: too

I am on a Chromebook and have the free "Ad Guardian" addon. Just wondering if I don't see the ads, do they still make money when my PC blocks them?

Gordy
Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

I'm not sure about that Gordy. I don't see ads either being a moderator. Ads are a PITA! :x
Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
Timj United States of America

Post by Timj »

Gordy wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:22 am
Harry wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:09 am the new owner VS seems to not care. They just want to make the advertising money from the advertisers.

Harry
Harry,Thanks for your help on the other site :thumbsup: you are awesome :worship: too

I am on a Chromebook and have the free "Ad Guardian" addon. Just wondering if I don't see the ads, do they still make money when my PC blocks them?

Gordy
I think your premium membership gets you less or no adds. But if the blocker is working that may be helping.
I get them, seem to be getting more. When I can just scroll through it's not so bad, but when you start reading something and it jumps to one and I gotta figure which way to scroll to get back. :pullhair:
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Gordy wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:22 am

Gordy
My understanding is that, with Google ads, one makes money only from clicks on the ads. However, you can make money with a website only from showing someone's ads, and then it will depend on whether the site software can detect that you use ad blocking, and some do. From what I've seen the parent company, VS, is quite sophisticated and their business is making money on established forums of which they purchased lots of. They bought most tractor forums, and most car forums too (my Honda Ridgeline forum for instance). It's funny to me, they're a Toronto based company, with offices downtown. :D

In all honesty, sometimes ads don't bother me, but it depends on how they're integrated in a website. However, as I said from the beginning, we will not add ads here. You may be asking, should we charge various vendors something? I don't think so. In my opinion we are a small community, and the vendors that carry Case parts are not big commercial companies. Word of mouth and personal experience with our vendors, not to mention their technical expertise and involvement in the community will carry more weight than any ad.

We don't have staff to pay, our site runs on a very inexpensive web site hosting, no need to bring in moneys yet :D I've been asking myself lately, is growth really necessary? Not sure. We have very good technical discussions here, in my opinion you are great people to hang out here in the virtual domain and chat about tractors, share experiences. Most new users will go to the other site, and it's understandable. As I said before, both sites have something to offer. I do like very much that THIS is our playground and we make it any way we like it. And I say WE, and include you in it. This is your site as much as it's mine, as long as you are involved and care about it. :thumbsup:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush: