Page 1 of 1

Adding an Avatar

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:01 am
by Spike188
In the upper righthand corner click on your user name. In the dropdown menu below your user name click on "User Control Panel".
Select the "Profile" tab. On the lefthand side will be "Edit Avatar". Click on it to open the window for uploading and editing your Avatar.

Happy posting

Spike

Re: Adding an Avatar

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:24 am
by propane1
So, I been trying to load a picture into my avatar. Says it has to be a certain size. I have no idea how to figure that out. But I notice not to many members seem to have a picture in there avatar.

Noel

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:25 am
by propane1
I did a oops. I quoted instead of edit.

Noel

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:52 am
by Harry
Propane57 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:24 am So, I been trying to load a picture into my avatar. Says it has to be a certain size. I have no idea how to figure that out. But I notice not to many members seem to have a picture in there avatar.

Noel
I've tried to add an avatar a few times and it always goes to a narrative that the pic has to be a certain size. I suppose mine is to large and not quite sure how to make it smaller.

Keep the Peace
Harry

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:41 am
by Eugen
I agree, that's a pain. I will look into finding something that resizes the uploaded avatar automatically.

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:08 am
by DavidBarkey
Eugen wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:41 am I agree, that's a pain. I will look into finding something that resizes the uploaded avatar automatically.

Thanks I have the same problems .

Dave

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:16 pm
by Spike188
Making an avatar that will upload is a challenge using my method so here goes. This is for a Windows based environment.

1) Select an image to be used as your avatar and open in with Photos
image.png
Right click on the opened image and select "S" in the dialogue box. Then rename and save.
2) Open the saved image with paint.
image.png
You may want to crop the image first then select "resize"
image.png
Select "Pixels" and to change the Horizontal or Vertical size select the box with the largest number and insert 90. The image will almost disapear and will be small enough to up load. Save this to your computer for uploading to CCIGT.
3)
image.png
Open your CCIGT profile page, Select "Choose File" and find your avatar for upload.

An alternate method is to do a search for "avatar resizer". There are sites that will let you upload your image and they will resize it for down loading. Once downloaded and saved it can be uploaded to CCIGT as an avatar if it has been rendered small enough.

Spike

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:51 pm
by Eugen
Thank you @Spike188 !!!

I'll try to find a sightly more automatic way of doing it, when I get a chance to be at the computer later today.

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:22 pm
by Eugen
Hi everyone, I think I fixed it. In fact I had installed an avatar resize extension at some point but just forgot about it and it wasn't properly setup. Now you should be able to upload any picture up to 10 megabytes and the site system should resize it to its proper avatar size automatically. I just tested it myself. Please give it a try and report of it doesn't work as it should. :cheers:

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:59 pm
by propane1
Woo hoo Eugen. It worked. That’s great thanks.

Noel

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:03 pm
by DavidBarkey
I think it worked , now to find a better pic.

Dave

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:27 pm
by MattA
Thanks Eugen

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:56 pm
by Gordy
Talk about lighting a fire under my butt ;) Thanks

:cheers:
Gordy

Edit; That is my 224-78 in front of the snow mountain the 224 built. I had to keep the back yard cleared for the low ground clearance ankle biters bathroom, or she'd use the steps ;)

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:50 pm
by Eugen
Gordy wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:56 pm Talk about lighting a fire under my butt ;) Thanks

:cheers:
Gordy
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Why didn't anybody say anything until now?!