Page 1 of 1

CCIGT.com is one year old!

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:27 am
by Spike188
ccgit 1st birthday.png
One year ago today at 10:08 am @relu put this site on line. Thank you!

Spike

Re: CCIGT.com is one year old!

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:36 am
by Eugen
That is amazing @Spike188 ! Thank you so much! And thank you all our members for making this site an enjoyable experience! Our little community is now one year old! :congrats:

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:02 am
by DavidBarkey
:clap: :congrats: :highfive:

Dave

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:37 am
by propane1
:highfive: :thumbsup: :congrats:
Great site. I enjoy it. Good place to ramble. :giggle:

Noel

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:30 pm
by Jancoe
Congrats. Turning out to be a great place to be.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:41 pm
by Timj
:clap: congratulations to CCIGT :congrats: WOW a year already :cool: we've had a lot of fun alone the way, a little goofing around, made some friends, and much problem solving. :highfive:
When everyone gets working on a tough situation it is truly amazing, contributing their knowledge and experience, you can almost hear the collective gears turning across the continent. :canada: :usa:
A special thank you to @Eugen for putting the site together, keeping it up, and putting up with us. :worship: the site seems to be growing steadily all the time, getting through the first year is a big hurdle. :clap:
Looking forward to year two, let's make it a good one fellow CCI NUTS. :cheers:
:geek: Tim

Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:24 am
by MattA
Congrads to 1 year guys. Now we just have to figure out how to get more members. At times, this site has more going on than the old site :thumbsup:

Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:35 pm
by Harry
Occasionally I see someone from the original site from Canada and I PM them and tell them about CCIGT. I don't usually follow up to see if they join. Most recently someone from Canada was looking for a Kohler engine and he couldn't find anyone to offer him one. I told him he might have better luck on here.

Keep the Peace
Harry

Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:42 pm
by Gordy
Harry wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:35 pm Occasionally I see someone from the original site from Canada and I PM them and tell them about CCIGT. I don't usually follow up to see if they join. Most recently someone from Canada was looking for a Kohler engine and he couldn't find anyone to offer him one. I told him he might have better luck on here.

Keep the Peace
Harry
Many of the manuals are still MIA on the other site, so I have come here to find manuals and pass the link on, hoping to drum up business ;)

That said and not complaining :124: I wish I had the computer smarts and organisational ability to help organize our manuals better. Things are kind of scattered about and a bunch of the files don't have proper titles so you have to open them to see what they are about.

:cheers:
Gordy

Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:39 pm
by Eugen
As an aside, the manuals section is technically a sore point right now, it can use a comb over. I meant to do it for some time, but sadly other things have had to be done first. :109:

Perhaps I do have a little bit of good news. I put a lot of work in the foundation of the site. The server is in Michigan :usa: , so if we get hacked, or the building burns down, we won't lose content or the manuals section, because we got daily backups to an undisclosed location in Canada :canada: I also put a lot of work into the security of the site, as I don't want our site to be hacked and destroyed like Tom Arnold's site did. Sadly I wasn't around then, or I'd have been happy to help him.

Onward we go. To me, you, the people that come here, are the real value of this place. Everything else is secondary. :spin: :446cart:

Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:38 pm
by Gordy
Eugen,

I do appreciate what you have done and continue to do here, and fully understand time constraints and priorities. :thumbsup:

:cheers:
Gordy

Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:51 pm
by Timj
:highfive: @Eugen one thing at a time. :smash: we all understand. :writing:
Sure wish I could help you out, but not with my computer skills :114: