Drag and drop images from another site

Let us know how we're doing, what you want changed, or flag problems.
Eugen Canada

Re: Drag and drop images from another site

Post by Eugen »

Spike188 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:26 pm I have another way that works for pictures on my computer. My internet is down this afternoon so am doing this from my cell.
Step 1 open the CCIGT post window and add text.
Step 2 open my Picture file to the photos I want to upload.
Step 3 split the screen so both steps 1 and 2 can be seen.
Step 4 right click the picture to be up loaded and drag into the CCIGT text input area. The boarder of the CCIGT text input box should pulse with a dotted line boarder. Release the right click and drop picture.
Step 5 scroll down below the text input box. There should be a new window with the image name and a metering bar showing that the photo is uploading. When the green bar reaches 100%, two new buttons will appear next to the photo name.
Step 6 place the cursor in the text where it is to be placed.
Step7 drop back down to the image name below the CCIGT text box and click on one of the 3 buttons that indicates that you want to place the photo into your text.
Step 8 You will not see the photo in the text box but this should appear.《photo name jpeg or png.》
Step 9 select preview and the image will appear in the preview window.
Step 10 with each change made in the text box click PReview to see the edited change.

When our net is back up I will try making a tutorial.

Spike.
I can confirm that this also works for me just like Spike described it. When you drag/drop images that are on your own computer, they will be uploaded to the forum and stored on the forum server. :D I would strongly recommend this procedure for regular posts, which we want to live forever. :77:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
Gordy United States of America

Post by Gordy »

Spike188 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:26 pm I have another way that works for pictures on my computer. My internet is down this afternoon so am doing this from my cell.
Step 1 open the CCIGT post window and add text.
Step 2 open my Picture file to the photos I want to upload.
Step 3 split the screen so both steps 1 and 2 can be seen.
Step 4 right click the picture to be up loaded and drag into the CCIGT text input area. The boarder of the CCIGT text input box should pulse with a dotted line boarder. Release the right click and drop picture.
Step 5 scroll down below the text input box. There should be a new window with the image name and a metering bar showing that the photo is uploading. When the green bar reaches 100%, two new buttons will appear next to the photo name.
Step 6 place the cursor in the text where it is to be placed.
Step7 drop back down to the image name below the CCIGT text box and click on one of the 3 buttons that indicates that you want to place the photo into your text.
Step 8 You will not see the photo in the text box but this should appear.《photo name jpeg or png.》
Step 9 select preview and the image will appear in the preview window.
Step 10 with each change made in the text box click PReview to see the edited change.

When our net is back up I will try making a tutorial.

Spike.
That sounds awful complicated, especially Step 3, no idea how to do that.

After I start a post, I just use scroll down and click on the "Attachments" tab, then click "Choose file". A window opens for my pictures, and I click on the one I want then click on open, that window closes and I go to the "Attachment " tab and add text for the note and click add file. Then click preview as mentioned above.I see the "Attachment" tab has been changed a bit but looks like it's going to work. Oh and this is on my Chromebook laptop.

Cheers,
Gordy
Attachments
How to skin a deere
How to skin a deere
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Gordy, I guess you are not using the "Inline" button? What that does, it puts just a tag where the cursor happens to be, so that the attached image can be shown in a particular location within the rest of the posting.

Whereas if you leave the attachment as is, they will show at the end of the message. Just a matter of taste.

Something that this forum has is an extension I installed, so it shows a list of attachments with little pictures/thumbnails, so that you clearly see what you uploaded. It should be seen on any browser and/or computer.

Oh, one more thing. Depending on the size of the image, and your connection speed, the attached file may take some time to show in the attachment section, so you might need patience.
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Gordy United States of America

Post by Gordy »

Eugen wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:48 pm Gordy, I guess you are not using the "Inline" button? What that does, it puts just a tag where the cursor happens to be, so that the attached image can be shown in a particular location within the rest of the posting.

Whereas if you leave the attachment as is, they will show at the end of the message. Just a matter of taste.

Something that this forum has is an extension I installed, so it shows a list of attachments with little pictures/thumbnails, so that you clearly see what you uploaded. It should be seen on any browser and/or computer.

Oh, one more thing. Depending on the size of the image, and your connection speed, the attached file may take some time to show in the attachment section, so you might need patience.
Actually that is how I intended it to come out, but at the time the attachment tab looked different and I did not see the inline button.

Cheers,
Gordy
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Chad mentioned he's having problem with getting images from kijiji classifieds here.

I used the same procedure as in my first post. I opened kijiji in a separate browser window, dragged the image from the kijiji post right into the text box here where I'm writing; this pasted the link to the image. I highlighted the link and clicked the img button above the text here. Did this for three images. Lets' see if they show up.
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E