Page 1 of 1

Are private message working?

Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:24 am
by Eugen
@DavidBarkey said he tried to send me a private message, but I never got one. Also @TLD89 just said he tried to send Bob a private message but it didn't work.

I see no errors on the forum software, so I wonder because it works for me, I have sent private messages successfully in the past. I'll try to send one now to you @TLD89

Re: Are private message working?

Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:31 am
by Eugen
I should explain something tough. We are using the phpbb software for this forum, which is open source but not written by myself, obviously. When you send a private message, it will show in your Outbox and not in Sent. Apparently this is how the software is intended to work. When the recipient reads it, then it will show in Sent and no longer in Outbox. Figures... :spin:

Also, while in Outbox, one can still edit the message, as it was not yet read. Pretty confusing though. :106:

Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:33 am
by Timj
Eugen wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:24 am @DavidBarkey said he tried to send me a private message, but I never got one. Also @TLD89 just said he tried to send Bob a private message but it didn't work.

I see no errors on the forum software, so I wonder because it works for me, I have sent private messages successfully in the past. I'll try to send one now to you @TLD89
I just sent to you.

Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:42 am
by Eugen
Timj wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:33 am
Eugen wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:24 am @DavidBarkey said he tried to send me a private message, but I never got one. Also @TLD89 just said he tried to send Bob a private message but it didn't work.

I just sent to you.
I confirm that I received it, thanks @Timj :cheers:

Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:48 am
by Spike188
I sent and received a pm with a member in past two days with no problems. I do find ataching recipients to the pm a bit vague.

Spike