emoji's or not

Let us know how we're doing, what you want changed, or flag problems.
Spike188 Canada

emoji's or not

Post by Spike188 »

I have been wondering if the Case "emoji's might have been gifs and or small thumbnails. The reason for the question is if it was an industry sanctioned emoji, the the graphics wouldn't not have been sent in the message. Instead of a graphic being attached to a message there would have been an emoji "code number" sent that is recognized by the recipients phone or computer. Then the code is recognized by the recipient's device it inserts the emoji graphics. I had noticed back in the day that my phone would insert Asci characters into the received message.

In short, the Case emoji's did appears to be a coded image but not sanctioned by an official emoji council. I seems that they must be out in cyber world someplace, It is just doing the sleuthing to find them.

:77: Eugen, :41: Thanks for adding the new ones

Any Ideas? :63:

Spike
Spike Colt - 9 & 10, Case - 108, 118, 444, 446, 448, 646, 646bh, Ingersoll 4016, 4118AH
Eugen Canada

Re: emoji's or not

Post by Eugen »

As far as I know all smilies, emoticons, and emojis are custom defined within every system. Very few smilies have been adopted by most systems, like the smile colon right parenthesis :) or the wink, semicolon right parenthesis ;)

I've never seen before the ones that were used on the old site, like the tractor ones. Someone must've made them. I've seen the :trink: or :cheers: on other sites.

I think it's up to us now today create content, when free isn't available.

I'm going to work on all aspects of the forum to make it a nice place to visit. Even create some fun animated Case tractor emojis. But of course, helps is appreciated.
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
Spike188 Canada

Post by Spike188 »

I woke up around 3 this morning and didn't think about work. Before hitting the hay and doing some research on how to create and emoji, I woke up distressed about how much time went into creating the guy on the creeper and the case tractor. They were both top shelf. Somewhere out there the creator of those 2 graphics put in lot of time and thought into them, than given credit for. They were not a cut and paste creation but a drawing that was probably edited with some very good software.

Hunting for software had lead me to high priced Photoshop that could be used and freeware junk for editing a round circle and pasting in a selection of body parts and tools. So far not much to work with.

:110: Given time and :57: we will get there.

Spike
Spike Colt - 9 & 10, Case - 108, 118, 444, 446, 448, 646, 646bh, Ingersoll 4016, 4118AH
jfk United States of America

Post by jfk »

The emoji's were custom made, a bit before my time, I read comments regarding how much work went into them when the other site changed format.

Jim
Jancoe United States of America

Post by Jancoe »

Just a FYI too. I usually use tapatalk for my forum viewing pleasure and I find most but not all of the emoji's are not showing up through tapatalk. I don't know if it's tapatalk or the formatting on the site?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Unfortunately it's the way tapatalk works. A browser, whether on a mobile device or desktop, renders a page as close as possible to the description the designer created in whatever language or web development platform. Whereas tapatalk takes the stance of providing you with a reader of the page. That's why all forums look the same on tapatalk. I used tapatalk a lot with the old site because the browser rendering on my phone was very awkward.

However, I found that this site renders very nicely on my phone, and I keep a tab open in Firefox.

Tapatalk will only translate those smilies which have codes that your phone has. That's why, some pages out there will show emojis on an iPhone, but will not show them on Android. There are some smilies which are pretty much universal, like the colon-right_parenthesis :) and all phones have them, so tapatalk will render those.

Since I do want to make it a pleasant experience for all, I will put some time into finding the set of codes that both Android and iPhone knows how to render, and then find nice gifs for them here.

But you know,this site does not have adds on the browser rendering. :D just saying :cheers: :trink:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush: