New forum suggestions

Let us know how we're doing, what you want changed, or flag problems.
Eugen Canada

Re: New forum suggestions

Post by Eugen »

You could also provide a list and send the drawings only to those you choose to. Regardless, if I can help with with anything I will do so. As for the file format. Why not pdf for finished drawings, and whatever you and anyone agrees to work on, as commonly readable format?
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

@ras101 I am not what you would call computer savvy . With just a Chrome book , what I have found is easy for me to navigate and down load is the pdf files . I am always more than willing to help where I can .

Dave
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
ras101 United States of America

Post by ras101 »

Thanks Eugen. PDF will be the sharing format but we will also need a "working"format that can be loaded to a CAD program so drawings can be enhanced for future updates.
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Here is an overview of file formats for CAD. Some are specific to high end licenced commercial software costing thousands of dollars.

https://www.echosupply.com/blog/top-fil ... ad-designs

In my very limited experience, some (if not all) of the neutral file formats lose details about the model.

At the same time most software can import several industry standard file formats. I used FreeCad for a while, didn't like it much. I really like Shapr3D because it's simple. Autocad is $$$ and too complicated for my taste. :109:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

:giggle: :giggle: Way over my head all this stuff.

There’s my Happy Easter ramble. Have a good day gentlemen.

Noel

Post by ras101 »

Hi Guys, so I normally use Autodesk Fusion 360 that is free to hobbyists but over the years has changed what functions are available in the free version I use. Used to be that most file formats were available to save but not now. Not even PDF is supported in the free version but I think I have found a work around to that. I will try doing a double conversion tomorrow to get to something that will work for us. I am an IT expert so now worries there other than I am getting old and forget things! I will try a couple of files and would like feedback so I can see its worth while sharing. Anyone that wants the raw files in Autodesk Fusion 360 just feel free to PM me and we can continue the convo off line. My current (should I say for several years ) has been a K2 cab update/upgrade but that's only the tip of the iceberg so need a detailed and actuate drawing I might already have it in my library so just ask..

Can't help you with where to get it manufactured but I probably have a drawing that will help you get there...

Happy Easter guys!!!!

Post by ras101 »

Hi Eugen, I am very happy you took the time to set up a site the enthusiasts, like myself want rather that the 'blog' that other site seem to turn into. I can see myself visiting this site often but please keep it easy but above all usable by the Case community. The fact that the site software could be several decades old, or that we are not front runners in technology is irrelevant! What our community really need sis a safe place to exchange ideas, to help each other on projects, to maintain a continuity that enables us to know our ideas, our info, our files we share with our fellow enthusiasts our safe and well preserved too. Like you I have a lot, I mean a lot, of data that I am prepared to share here...my only concern is that this will get lost with changes but above ll being used as a means to make money out of a successful site as our previous site was used. I am now too old to start again more than once are you guys on board to make this site OUR site?
Timj United States of America

Post by Timj »

ras101 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:29 pm Hi Eugen, I am very happy you took the time to set up a site the enthusiasts, like myself want rather that the 'blog' that other site seem to turn into. I can see myself visiting this site often but please keep it easy but above all usable by the Case community. The fact that the site software could be several decades old, or that we are not front runners in technology is irrelevant! What our community really need sis a safe place to exchange ideas, to help each other on projects, to maintain a continuity that enables us to know our ideas, our info, our files we share with our fellow enthusiasts our safe and well preserved too. Like you I have a lot, I mean a lot, of data that I am prepared to share here...my only concern is that this will get lost with changes but above ll being used as a means to make money out of a successful site as our previous site was used. I am now too old to start again more than once are you guys on board to make this site OUR site?

I've been on board with this site from the start with the hope that this site would become that "special place" for us Casenuts. While the growth has been slow but steady, things seem to be steadily picking up. I like our simple, easy going, and friendly site. I love the no advertisements and trophies, badges, and points mean nothing to me. Though I think at some point we should discuss funding the site.
We have an ever growing group of knowledgeable members, what we need is more members looking for help. We have to compete with the Facebook groups and CCI. It is kind of a David vs Goliath with the other sites size and its coming up first in all searches. I believe we can keep nibbling away at that by;
continued adding of content to this site,
use of "key words" and model numbers/part numbers so we come up in searches
keeping up with the friendly, respectful, knowledgeable, and timely help and discussion.
recruit new members
If we keep plugging away, its going come. :highfive:
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
MattA United States of America

Post by MattA »

@ras101 First of all welcome to the forum. Second, you can install a print to pdf print driver. This will allow you to pdf anything you can print. You simply select print to pdf instead of your printer and hit print. Windows 10 has a built in print to pdf driver called "microsoft print to pdf".
Ingersoll 4016
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Propane57 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:13 pm :giggle: :giggle: Way over my head all this stuff.

There’s my Happy Easter ramble. Have a good day gentlemen.

Noel
Agreed , I majored in Drafting ,Blue Print reading and Machine shop in high school . Apr enticed as a General Machinist out of school . But that was a long time ago . I can still read most drawings but struggle to draw my own on paper these days never mind using a computer .

Dave
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder