New forum suggestions

Let us know how we're doing, what you want changed, or flag problems.
MattA United States of America

New forum suggestions

Post by MattA »

Would be nice if we started a vanguard engines forum someday. I know the vanguard engines forum on the old site wasn't nearly as active as the onan engines forum but people like myself do have them.

My other suggestion would be a lawn care forum like Farming, Gardening and Lawn Care.
Ingersoll 4016
Eugen Canada

Re: New forum suggestions

Post by Eugen »

MattA wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:59 am Would be nice if we started a vanguard engines forum someday. I know the vanguard engines forum on the old site wasn't nearly as active as the onan engines forum but people like myself do have them.

My other suggestion would be a lawn care forum like Farming, Gardening and Lawn Care.
Vanguard sub-forum created. Since we had Farming and Gardening, I added to the name Lawn Care as well. Is that ok?

Thanks you!
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
MattA United States of America

Post by MattA »

Yeah that works Eugen :cheers:
Ingersoll 4016
ras101 United States of America

Post by ras101 »

As part of restorations I have two requests a sub on "Painting" thinking along the lines of techniques, prep for the in-experienced, primer types, and paint types and how to apply them professionally, good paint shops resources in your local area, etc. plus I am sure so much more as a novice I do not know. Parts manufacture when parts are no longer available or parts upgrades such as steering improvements, etc. I would also like to see a section on parts drawings where members have detailed drawings, especially diagrammed and dimensioned drawings that could/can be recreated. Just a few suggestions for now but have many more as time goes on.
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

ras101 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:17 pm As part of restorations I have two requests a sub on "Painting" thinking along the lines of techniques, prep for the in-experienced, primer types, and paint types and how to apply them professionally, good paint shops resources in your local area, etc. plus I am sure so much more as a novice I do not know. Parts manufacture when parts are no longer available or parts upgrades such as steering improvements, etc. I would also like to see a section on parts drawings where members have detailed drawings, especially diagrammed and dimensioned drawings that could/can be recreated. Just a few suggestions for now but have many more as time goes on.
Painting subforum created. Where should the drawings subforum go, perhaps in the Technical library as a subforum? What should we call it? Parts CAD design, or Drawings, so something like that? By the way I have been playing with a CAD software (Shapr3D) and am really interested in this sort of thing too! :cheers:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Timj United States of America

Post by Timj »

Eugen wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:30 pm
ras101 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:17 pm As part of restorations I have two requests a sub on "Painting" thinking along the lines of techniques, prep for the in-experienced, primer types, and paint types and how to apply them professionally, good paint shops resources in your local area, etc. plus I am sure so much more as a novice I do not know. Parts manufacture when parts are no longer available or parts upgrades such as steering improvements, etc. I would also like to see a section on parts drawings where members have detailed drawings, especially diagrammed and dimensioned drawings that could/can be recreated. Just a few suggestions for now but have many more as time goes on.
Painting subforum created. Where should the drawings subforum go, perhaps in the Technical library as a subforum? What should we call it? Parts CAD design, or Drawings, so something like that? By the way I have been playing with a CAD software (Shapr3D) and am really interested in this sort of thing too! :cheers:
Tech library is a good place for the drawings.

As time goes by, and parts become harder to get, work arounds will become more needed.

As an FYI, I've been slowly compiling ever bit of information I come across on the hydraulic motors used on the implements and have recently been starting to add hydraulic pump info too. :writing:

I think a good, well thought out tech library with easy to find info, will help build the forum. :122:
:geek: Tim
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

That's great Tim, as you can see the Tech library is empty at the moment. Any suggestion on how to break ice there is welcome. @Doublet recommended we install the Pages extension, which basically allows us to have a classic one web page, as opposed to a discussion type of page. That can have links to other pages as well. At the moment what we have is the Tech library forum, whose format is like all the other forums on the site here, a discussion. That can be made to work as well. In any case, help is needed, as I am going with my family through some stuff right now and it's hard to find "focused" time to address this. :109:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Oh well, much ado about nothing :rofl: I just went ahead and created some stubs/sub-forums under Technical Library.

Please feel free to suggest changes or contribute. :cheers:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Timj United States of America

Post by Timj »

It definitely is not something that can be done overnight. I think input from the members is good.
I think the tech library should be something that is set and controlled, not as a discussion, sometimes we get off course and ramble. :106: we could put together our thoughts in a discussion somewhere else, but the library should be the important stuff/info.

WOW! Lots of time, :dizzy: one step at a time. :spin:
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
ras101 United States of America

Post by ras101 »

So guys here's the carrot to get the drawings section created -- I have over 200 drawings created over a few years now on case parts that were detailed using very accurate calipers and other means from actual case parts. Also so detailed drawing s of some mods I have carried out to such things as K2 cabs and where I am taking that. Some projects I will need help on for sure but I have a high end CAD program I use and my method of measurement is not just limited to a inch rule and hope. I have been waiting a long time to share these with my friends that really want to know. What do I want in return? well everyone wants something - I don't have all the parts, don't know all the answers either so here's the deal "you help me complete my projects and everything I have is yours".

To really get this section going we need to select a drawing format to submit our drawings.. I know, I know, too early and why limit, but a standard format that any member can access and print off drawings has got to help everyone. Not really worried about what we choose but needs to be a common format that free tools can be downloaded