This site generates bookmarks.

Let us know how we're doing, what you want changed, or flag problems.
Ingersoll224 United States of America

This site generates bookmarks.

Post by Ingersoll224 »

This site seem to self generate literally thousands of bookmarks. I could be on the site or not. Using Chrome. It's the only site that does it, so not sure what is going on.
DavidBarkey Canada

Re: This site generates bookmarks.

Post by DavidBarkey »

Ingersoll224 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:28 am This site seem to self generate literally thousands of bookmarks. I could be on the site or not. Using Chrome. It's the only site that does it, so not sure what is going on.
I use a Chrome on a Chrome book and don't have the that issue . I am no expert on any of these things , but would check your settings for something different for this site as oppose to the rest .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Ingersoll224 United States of America

Post by Ingersoll224 »

I have no idea what generated the original list of 2200+ bookmarks to this site, but I looked at my extensions and deleted a few. I also unlinked my icloud bookmark synch. I think it's fixed. Yep, probably not the site, but a setting.
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

I'm sorry to hear about this problem. As far as I can tell this site cannot change anything in your browser. We are running an open source and very unsophisticated software. I cannot suspect some new update that somehow started to do this recently because the software running the site is more than two years old and has not been updated. Probably an extension in your browser, some extensions can go haywire unfortunately. :cheers:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
Spike188 Canada

Post by Spike188 »

@Ingersoll224 I did a bit of hunting for answers and found non. I did find that there is software for generating bookmarks. My guess it that there is a setting similar to that of tracking history that is creating the bookmarks every time this site is visited.

Saturday I was working on a website that incorporated a 3rd party calendar. After changing a calendar sizing code in the website and tweaking the events page we discovered that the home page disappeared. 3 hours later we gave up hunting for the gremlin, deleted the calendar from the event page and the home page reappeared. We will never know what we did to cause the loss.

Sometimes :creeper: turning a wrench is so much easier.
Spike Colt - 9 & 10, Case - 108, 118, 444, 446, 448, 646, 646bh, Ingersoll 4016, 4118AH