Creating a narative?

Let us know how we're doing, what you want changed, or flag problems.
ras101 United States of America

Creating a narative?

Post by ras101 »

Is there any way to create a procedure with text and pics so the the pics appear in the text rather than at the end?

Reason for asking is that I want to share soon my struggle and solutions for creating a working EZ PTO clutch. I know I could always create my own document and share that way but is this possible in the forum text for future use.

Ray
Toolslinger United States of America

Re: Creating a narative?

Post by Toolslinger »

I usually type to the point I want a photo, and upload it. Then hit the "place inline" button. Click below the inserted photo, and type the next bit. Lather rinse repeat.

There's a total upload size limit per post, so you might want to keep track, and break it in to multiples.
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

Toolslinger wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:04 pm I usually type to the point I want a photo, and upload it. Then hit the "place inline" button. Click below the inserted photo, and type the next bit. Lather rinse repeat.

There's a total upload size limit per post, so you might want to keep track, and break it in to multiples.
I do the same. I try to load all the pictures I want to use then just insert them. If you try to load too many it will error out. Good way to know you need to do two posts.
thebuildist United States of America

Post by thebuildist »

This is my text.

image.png
And that is my (sample) picture.

I just open the image in my picture viewing program (I use Irfanview but others work similar) and hit "copy" then type what I want, then hit "ctrl-v" (the universal keyboard shortcut for "paste". Think of the "v" as a "down arrow" as in "put it right... [ctrl-v] HERE.)

You'll see "..attachment=0]image.png /attachment" to tell you where your picture will show up later.

It's pretty easy if you can just remember the keyboard shortcut for "paste". [ctrl-v]

Bob
"Never be afraid to try something new. How hard can it be?"