New users

Let us know how we're doing, what you want changed, or flag problems.
Eugen Canada

New users

Post by Eugen »

It puzzles me. New users register but they don't participate at all. Not sure why they bother with the registration, they have access to everything without registration. The only benefit of getting an account on the forum is being able to post and participate in discussions, which they never do. 🤷‍♂️

My ramble for today :letmesee:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
DavidBarkey Canada

Re: New users

Post by DavidBarkey »

Eugen wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:26 am It puzzles me. New users register but they don't participate at all. Not sure why they bother with the registration, they have access to everything without registration. The only benefit of getting an account on the forum is being able to post and participate in discussions, which they never do. 🤷‍♂️

Why do poeple window shop but not buy ?? Some may just like to read .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

DavidBarkey wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:49 am
Eugen wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:26 am It puzzles me. New users register but they don't participate at all. Not sure why they bother with the registration, they have access to everything without registration. The only benefit of getting an account on the forum is being able to post and participate in discussions, which they never do. 🤷‍♂️

Why do poeple window shop but not buy ?? Some may just like to read .
But they can read anyway, so why register? Just puzzling me
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

Same thing on the other few sites I’m on. What gets me is, people register. Ask a question, and never come back to see if anybody answered. And if nobody answers them and they do come back looking, and they see no answers, then they may never come back to the site.

Takes all kinds to make the world go round.

Quick ramble.

Noel
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

Takes all kinds to make the world go round.

Quick ramble.

Noel
[/quote]

Hehe, and I’m one of them. :78:

Noel :D
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

I think I understand better the people who need an answer and then are gone.

How about this for an idea? If someone has open an account and never wrote anything at all, that is zero postings, they get deactivated after six months. What do you guys think?
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Jancoe United States of America

Post by Jancoe »

When I comes to forums that I visit, some of them I participate in and others I'm there to gather information. I for one will say that the reason I don't post often is because I have developed the need to read alot. If I have an issue say with my tractor, I tend to research my issue throughout the forums and typically find my solution as someone else has already asked. Im afraid to respon to a question because i dont want to give the wrong advice. I also feel that if I make a tractor project post I may not be able to get back to it in a timely manner to keep the post alive. Working full time, my wife and I own a hair salon that she runs which makes me the almost daily handyman. Then having 2 kids that are in school and sports just keeps me so busy. So it's had for me to finish things that are not the utmost importance. I do want to post more often but feel I may not know how to respond and give advice or ramble in a different direction. Im also very horrible at taking progress pictures of my work. Something i keep having to remind myself to do so i can post some work. I'm making it a new years resolution to post here more often. I'm always here reading up on what everyone's up to.

Why not send out emails to everyone who's joined and somehow ask for them to post some pictures of their tractors and start some more conversations. You could always drum up some business and offer free tractor rides with every 100 posts? Haha

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

I find it puzzling as well. Like you said everything can be read without joining.
@Jancoe makes some really good points, and I completely understand where he’s coming from. I’m sure there are others that post here that have the same thoughts, but you’re talking about people that have never posted.

I don’t think it would do any good to try to talk people into posting. I guess I would say if it causes an issue with site administration then deactivate the vacant accounts. If it does not then maybe leave it alone with the hope that they will join in at some point.
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

propane1 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:19 pm Takes all kinds to make the world go round.

Quick ramble.

Noel

Hehe, and I’m one of them. :78:

Noel :D
[/quote]

I would say that you are on an Island all of your own , but rumours have it that you have to share it with your neighbours.
:giggle:
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

JSinMO wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:12 pm I find it puzzling as well. Like you said everything can be read without joining.
@Jancoe makes some really good points, and I completely understand where he’s coming from. I’m sure there are others that post here that have the same thoughts, but you’re talking about people that have never posted.

I don’t think it would do any good to try to talk people into posting. I guess I would say if it causes an issue with site administration then deactivate the vacant accounts. If it does not then maybe leave it alone with the hope that they will join in at some point.
Agreed , Just continue to keep it as friendly and inviting as possible .
Trying to figure out poeple and :wife: will drive you :dizzy:
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder