Creeper guy smiley build

Let us know how we're doing, what you want changed, or flag problems.
Spike188 Canada

Creeper guy smiley build

Post by Spike188 »

Building the creeper guy smiley was done because of knowing how much everyone missed that silly little work of art. The complete process took about 6 hours plus many hours of thinking about how it might be made.
first sketch.jpg
Eugen ask if I had any idea of what it should look like. After sending this sketch to him I was still thinking the smiley would be hand drawn.
case3.jpg
Eugen then supplied the cut out image of the 446. That is when the idea of digital creation kicked in. Merri makes special occasion cards for friends and is skilled at image manipulation so she gets a lot of credit for building creeper smiley. We needed a guy on a creeper image so using her advice on what is useful in image manipulation, we started to create.
Pose 1.jpg
When we began striping away background from the fist image the wrench was to close to my chest, so another photo was needed.
Pose 2.jpg
It was an warm 35F outside but it was about 1 pm and the sun was directly overhead. M was not happy with this photo because my eyes were closed, but in the end product that will not be an issue.
pose 3.jpg
I have been slacking on keeping in shape for the last few months. Hold the poses in the semi siting position was tough. I was literally shaking by the time 6 photos were taken.

Using Powerpoint software for image editing is where M shines. She spent about an hour cutting away background and teaching me the ropes.
case3.jpg
creeperman2-0.jpg
Editing of the 446 included rotating and cutting away the shadow under it and a bit of the far front tire.
creeperman2-1.jpg
creeperman2-2.jpg
creeperman2-3.jpg
After stripping away the background and foreground the creeper guy was built.
creeperman1-1.jpg
creeperman1-2.jpg
creeperman1-3.jpg
Then the 3 creep guy images were merged with the 446 to make 3 pictures.

This next step was the time consuming learning curve. A powerpoint slide show was made and a lot of image sizing issues showed up. We also need a way to make the final movie into a format that could be used on this site. A website for creating gif's was found and many attempts were made to make a suitable gif.
creeper man.gif
Click on image to see GIF

The first gif made had the 446 running over me. All 3 of the merged photos had to be modified so that creeper guy was the same width in each photo. Positioning lines were drawn on the 446 so the the bottom left of each creeper guy photo could be positioned at the bottom left of the 446 when merged.
creeper man 50pix gif.gif
Click on image to see GIF

Now that a smooth gif was finished if had to be downsized to 50 pixels tall .

Doing that was done by taking the 3 446 creeper guy images and down sizing them in Paint then going back to the gif creation website for the final creeper guy gif.

:casecreeper:

Eugen uploaded the 50 pix gif to ccigt.com

That's how it's done.

Spike
Spike Colt - 9 & 10, Case - 108, 118, 444, 446, 448, 646, 646bh, Ingersoll 4016, 4118AH
Eugen Canada

Re: Creeper guy smiley build

Post by Eugen »

It's amazing how much work you put onto this and is greatly appreciated by us all! Little by little we make this site just the way we like it! Great work Spike and M! :cheers:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
crazycase Great Britain

Post by crazycase »

HI Guy
WOW you did a great job on this super cool icon - smiley :cheers:
It's the very best one I've ever seen and I did look all over the interweb for Case or Ingersoll and even Colt icons :violin:
These two are outstanding as well :headbash: :smash: I'll use them when the CL listing needs clarification

:creeper: :creeper: :creeper: :creeper: :creeper: :creeper: :creeper:

cc
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

There was a day long long ago that I was skinny enough to be that guy that fit under the tractor like that. But saddly not so much anymore . Spare tire gets in the way . :drink: :rofl:
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Gordy United States of America

Post by Gordy »

DavidBarkey wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:10 pm There was a day long long ago that I was skinny enough to be that guy that fit under the tractor like that. But saddly not so much anymore . Spare tire gets in the way . :drink: :rofl:

Yah me too, I was 5 at the time :109:

Cheers,
Gordy