Stihl MS 460

Eugen Canada

Re: Stihl MS 460

Post by Eugen »

No worries @Chad . The PO said 24" but I'm not sure, it could be 25? Haven't had time yesterday to check OT out properly.
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

Eugen wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:32 pm
Propane57 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:14 pm Really, I’m not very knowledgeable on saws. And I don’t like 2 stroke stuff, saws or what ever. I’m sure if you took 3 or 4 saws from 4 different brand name saws, they would all cut wood and work about the same.
Then when your done with them, they leak bar oil every where. Just my opinion.
I just don’t have good luck with saws.

Noel
With all that wood that came your way, can you afford not to like 2 stroke stuff? :O I"m with you on the leaky bar and chain oil, my homelites both make a mess wherever I put them. :D
Your right Eugen. With all that wood that we got, I have to use chainsaws, but I don’t have to like them. :giggle: :giggle: :D
I do have the 1951 TEA20 Ferguson tractor and we have a saw bench. I try to use that as much as I can. I also have a son, so he uses the chainsaws too. :D
We do have an husqvarna xp288, I think that’s what it is, it a monster of a saw 6 hp, but heavy to use. And of course won’t work right. Needs a carb I think. Wont idle. Like most saws. You stop to get change positions and it quits. But when it does work, she’ll start at the top of the pile and doesn’t take to long to get to the bottom.

Mid week ramble. :giggle:

Noel
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

I hear you Noel! That's kinda the story with everything that I have that I can put oil and gas in. My car now whines (literally) when I turn the steering wheel. I think it tries to tell me the steering pump is in pain and needs a transplant. :109:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Got this saw and didn't even bargain. To me the value of the saw was fitting the asking price. Called yesterday the only Stihl dealer that's not really far. He says he has both ripping and regular chain for me, so I go to the store yesterday. Turns out they don't have those chains ready to be sold, they make them. "Come back in a couple of days" he says. Ok, thanks buddy, for a useless visit to the store :pullhair:

He also said the bar is toast and I definitely need to buy a new one. He was also very dismissive on the border of unfriendly. I'm thinking it's the owner. Oh well :114: so it goes :D
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Chad Canada

Post by Chad »

Sorry to hear that Eugen. Unfortunately I think we've all experienced similar from various dealers over the years. I'm grateful that there's a few around me, but I only use 1 (which also happens to be a CaseIH dealer so I'm able to get some parts for my 444 fleet)

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Chad wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:47 pm Sorry to hear that Eugen. Unfortunately I think we've all experienced similar from various dealers over the years. I'm grateful that there's a few around me, but I only use 1 (which also happens to be a CaseIH dealer so I'm able to get some parts for my 444 fleet)
it's all good, really, I know we don't live in a perfect world and everyone can have a bad day. Even if that's how they deal with customers on a regular basis I'm ok, will try to minimize dealing with them if it continues to be slightly unpleasant.

@Chad lucky you have a CaseIH dealer nearby. None around here. :(
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

@Eugen Who was it that gave you the bad service . FYI I can get chain saw parts too . I have to order it in , but can get you a better deal on most stuff I can get . When you can , come look though the catalogue .

Dave
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

DavidBarkey wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:28 pm @Eugen Who was it that gave you the bad service . FYI I can get chain saw parts too . I have to order it in , but can get you a better deal on most stuff I can get . When you can , come look though the catalogue .

Dave
I don't want to go as far as to call it bad service. The guy was tall, somewhere between 40 and 50 years old, shaved head with a small patch unshaved at the back. So he told me on Thursday to come back get the two chains on Monday (today), on account that they'll make them from bulk chain. Having had the experience of going there once for nothing, I called today. Guess what? "They'll be ready Wednesday." So I said "I'll call again Wednesday." He says "just come, they'll be ready." I'LL CALL FIRST! :rofl:

I had already committed to them making the chains, so I would like to stick to my word. I'd get it ordered from you Dave, but can you get actual Stihl OEM stuff?
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Eugen wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 4:44 pm
DavidBarkey wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:28 pm @Eugen Who was it that gave you the bad service . FYI I can get chain saw parts too . I have to order it in , but can get you a better deal on most stuff I can get . When you can , come look though the catalogue .

Dave
I don't want to go as far as to call it bad service. The guy was tall, somewhere between 40 and 50 years old, shaved head with a small patch unshaved at the back. So he told me on Thursday to come back get the two chains on Monday (today), on account that they'll make them from bulk chain. Having had the experience of going there once for nothing, I called today. Guess what? "They'll be ready Wednesday." So I said "I'll call again Wednesday." He says "just come, they'll be ready." I'LL CALL FIRST! :rofl:

I had already committed to them making the chains, so I would like to stick to my word. I'd get it ordered from you Dave, but can you get actual Stihl OEM stuff?
I meant what shop. No not Stihl , Sabre brand through Stens Canada.

Dave
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder