garden planting

DavidBarkey Canada

garden planting

Post by DavidBarkey »

We have 32 row in our vegggy patch . about half way planted now with the early stuff . Potatoes, onions, cabbage, carrots ,beets, broccoli , caulie flower , spinach ,lettuce , kale. By the end of next week we should have the rest in if weather holds no frost . We are zone 5 . How are you doing with yours ?
Last edited by DavidBarkey on Wed May 08, 2024 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Harry United States of America

Re: garden planting

Post by Harry »

Still a bit to wet to even work the soil here. I would almost be afraid to put plants in the ground because of a fear of frost. :O :peace: Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Not sure we'll plant anything this year. I'll be happy to follow your gardening adventures guys! :cheers:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

No more planting for me. I think I’m done with that. Sadly I guess. I don’t need as much equipment as I have. Plows, disks , cultivator, homemade attachments and tractors. But might take up some gardening again someday. So have to keep it. Trouble is if ya don’t use it, well you know what happens.

Noel
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

@DavidBarkey your way ahead of me. We have good temperatures here with no risk of frost but we can’t dry out. It’s raining again now. The only ground ive worked and planted is that little sunflower patch, and I’m wondering if it’s too wet for them. I’ve got everything ready to go as soon as it stops raining!

@propane1 are you putting stuff around your house again this year Noel? That seemed pretty handy to open the back door and grab a few veggies!
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

JSinMO wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:18 pm @DavidBarkey your way ahead of me. We have good temperatures here with no risk of frost but we can’t dry out. It’s raining again now. The only ground ive worked and planted is that little sunflower patch, and I’m wondering if it’s too wet for them. I’ve got everything ready to go as soon as it stops raining!

@propane1 are you putting stuff around your house again this year Noel? That seemed pretty handy to open the back door and grab a few veggies!
Yes Jeff. But just putting a row of lettuce on each side of the step. I should have a row in now. But not done. It is handy to have right at the step. I’ll hopefully plant one row soon. Then the other row mid June or so.
Had lettuce for all summer last year.
Woman doesn’t want vegetables planted there she wants flowers. I said. Fine, you do it. I’m guessing it’s going to be all grass. Except where I plant the lettuce. :giggle:

Noel