Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:08 pm
by DavidBarkey
last round with disks , new 446 pulls strong . The aggs worked well on it
last round with disks , new 446 pulls strong . The aggs worked well on it
this how I move the disks around
this how I move the disks around
After levelling off with an old gate
After levelling off with an old gate
Both tractor have solar heating for when the cold winds blow . And air conditioning with the doors off . :rofl:

Re: garden prep

Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:48 pm
by Eugen
Garden soil looks good Dave. I like your team of helper chicken! :52:

Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:55 pm
by Harry
Garden looks amazing David. :thumbsup: :peace: Harry

Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:43 pm
by propane1
Still to early for that yet here. Around the first of May I should be able to get my future son in law till my gardens. He has a compact NewHolland T1520 tractor. I think is the model number, any way I’m hoping he will do my gardens. Has a 5’ tiller on it. Tractor is 4x4 and 35 hp.

Noel

Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:49 pm
by Timj
Garden looks great Dave, the pic helped warm me up a little this afternoon. Everything was white here today, 34 for a high. :40:

Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:43 am
by DavidBarkey
Eugen wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:48 pm Garden soil looks good Dave. I like your team of helper chicken! :52:
They follow the tractor and further turn the soil removing seeds and bugs .

Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:46 am
by DavidBarkey
Timj wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:49 pm Garden looks great Dave, the pic helped warm me up a little this afternoon. Everything was white here today, 34 for a high. :40:
Wasn't much warmer here . But in the cab with the sun shining it was quite pleasant.

Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:53 am
by DavidBarkey
propane1 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:43 pm Still to early for that yet here. Around the first of May I should be able to get my future son in law till my gardens. He has a compact NewHolland T1520 tractor. I think is the model number, any way I’m hoping he will do my gardens. Has a 5’ tiller on it. Tractor is 4x4 and 35 hp.

Noel
It is always nice to get help . We are zone 5b here , but because of the natural and man made berms around with the bush out back it creates a micro climate that pushes it up to almost a 6 .
We are hoping to get some early frost hearty crops in this weekend . Going to have to fence off what we plant , or the little dinosaurs :52: will dig it all up .

Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:58 am
by DavidBarkey
Thanks guys . The top soil is coming along good . It is a long ways from the baron sand that would barely support some grass when we first started .

Posted: Fri May 05, 2023 5:48 pm
by DavidBarkey
Jacob :51: tilling the garden today after school . Hopefully tomorrow we can get him to pound in the tee bar post for the temp fence to keep the birds out of the garden as we hill and plant . He is going to be getting a lot of seat time this spring while I am sidelined .
20230505_152009.jpg
Anyone know where we can get little white hard hats for all the supervisors?

Posted: Fri May 05, 2023 6:24 pm
by Eugen
:highfive: Dave! Jake's doing stuff now he can build a life on later.

Posted: Fri May 05, 2023 10:39 pm
by JSinMO
That’s awesome Mr. Dave! Looks like he’s doing a great job! :thumbsup:

As for the extra small helmets for the supervisors, apparently you only need to look as far as the local Walmart!
IMG_3571.png

Posted: Sat May 06, 2023 6:45 am
by DavidBarkey
JSinMO wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 10:39 pm That’s awesome Mr. Dave! Looks like he’s doing a great job! :thumbsup:

As for the extra small helmets for the supervisors, apparently you only need to look as far as the local Walmart!IMG_3571.png
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Posted: Sat May 06, 2023 10:30 am
by Eugen
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: That is hilarious @JSinMO ! I can picture an army of chicken in Mr Dave's yard all with helmets. Poor rooster!

Posted: Fri May 12, 2023 4:33 pm
by DavidBarkey
Well , got :51: to do the rows with the hiller when he got home from school . Much to his shigrin I might add . Dealling with a grumpy teenager is like , well :fight: :cuss: :headbash: :headbash: :headbash: :dizzy: :( :33: :109: . But some of it got done , kinda sorta . Relying on others is hard enogh for me , but when it is a teen :headbash: :headbash: :headbash: :violin: The :wife: and I will plant the first of the early crops tomorrow .

Posted: Fri May 12, 2023 4:54 pm
by Eugen
I don't know where I heard it, apparently teenagers are difficult. :rofl:

Look at the bright side Dave, he did do it. :highfive:

Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:01 pm
by DavidBarkey
20240329_133409.jpg
Just in Case you need to see dirt turned .

Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:53 pm
by RoamingGnome
Lookin' good Dave, and nice to see your guard chickens are on duty too... ;)

Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:13 am
by DavidBarkey
20240426_125548.jpg
Last row , My new high tech alignment sights worked really well . Nice straight even spacing . A little tape and a few wood stakes pushed into ground . Line up your sights and just knock them over at the end of the rows.