Natural anti-inflammatory

DavidBarkey Canada

Natural anti-inflammatory

Post by DavidBarkey »

As many of us become "no longer young " issues with joint pain start to become a problem . The past couple of years the knuckle joint for the middle finger on each hand has progressively become more and more inflamed . I suspect it is an over work injury from driving amongst cidiots over the years . After my surgery , I am not allowed to take many medications to help this . So after some research I found that Tomatoes are full of compounds that are suppose to help with this . As many of you know ,we grow and pressure a lot of our own veg . We make a tomato/ vegetable juice every year . I have issues with my stomach as well , so started with just a glass of juice with salt and pepper every morning as tomatoes are acidic . 2 months in to this and not only joints are better , but so is my stomach . Now I don't see this a "cure " , but sure has made a big improvement . I thought I would pass this on in case it can help others stay active .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Eugen Canada

Re: Natural anti-inflammatory

Post by Eugen »

Never knew about this, thanks Dave! My left knee and lower back is aching. I think it's some inflammation. I don't like taking pills so I'll tell :wife: to get tomato juice. I love it anyway! By the way, how much of it I put in a glass of Smirnoff?! :rofl: Just kidding! :))
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

I’ve been drinking vegetable juice for years. I’m with you Dave, I think it helps.

@Eugen you can skip the tomato juice and just go with the Smirnoff. Your joints will still hurt but you just won’t care! :))
thebuildist United States of America

Post by thebuildist »

I have a friend who swears by cayenne pepper for inflammation. It has helped his knees more than several doctors and therapies ever did. I'm not sure how or how much, but it sure works for him.
Bob
"Never be afraid to try something new. How hard can it be?"
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

thebuildist wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:38 pm I have a friend who swears by cayenne pepper for inflammation. It has helped his knees more than several doctors and therapies ever did. I'm not sure how or how much, but it sure works for him.
Bob
Yes that is known to help as well . I can't take spicy foods , but for those that can . You can add it to the tomato /veg juice . The added vitamins ect. you get from the veg. can't hurt either .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder