Taking stock for winter

Gordy United States of America

Re: Taking stock for winter

Post by Gordy »

DavidBarkey wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:50 pm
Jancoe wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:57 pm Someone put some time into canning. Impressive display. I don't think you'll be starving this winter that for sure.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
The :wife: and the outlaws did most of it . I just do the grunt stuff .
I love to garden. But could never get the :wife: to help let alone do the canning herself. Heck I told her the beans needed to be picked and she could cook them up for super the next night. Well I got home from work and beans were on the stove. I thought cool, then saw the opened CAN on the counter :cuss:

:cheers:
Gordy
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Gordy wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:58 pm
I love to garden. But could never get the :wife: to help let alone do the canning herself. Heck I told her the beans needed to be picked and she could cook them up for super the next night. Well I got home from work and beans were on the stove. I thought cool, then saw the opened CAN on the counter :cuss:

Gordy
:109:

Gordy, we only do one preserve, and that barely, and not from things we grow in the garden; it's a veggie spread from peppers, eggplant, and tomatoes, and we did 8 jars this year. With the small kids and everything else going on here the garden was not a priority, but we managed a few tomato plants, some potatoes, and garlic. So, maybe you can still enjoy the garden, but on a smaller scale. :violin:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

Gordy wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:58 pm
DavidBarkey wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:50 pm
Jancoe wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:57 pm Someone put some time into canning. Impressive display. I don't think you'll be starving this winter that for sure.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
The :wife: and the outlaws did most of it . I just do the grunt stuff .

Gordy

Your post gave me a chuckle, I feel your pain! Finding time too can and talking my wife into doing the work is a challenge!

Maybe she misunderstood you? She did pick the can of beans to cook. :D
Gordy United States of America

Post by Gordy »

It's not like the old days with mom and both grandmothers being stay at home women. And spending the day doing what was needed to insure the family made it through the winter while the husband was away at work.

Now it is spending the day watching Judge Judy and the like. Dinner is generally something out of a box and add a can of chicken meat.The only time she picks something out of the garden is to give it away.

I do envy you guys that found women with a sense of self sufficiency and a good work ethic :thumbsup:

Gordy