finally some rain

DavidBarkey Canada

finally some rain

Post by DavidBarkey »

Finally getting some rain . Ran out of grass to cut on test drives . :violin: Grass is all brown . Only thing green is the weeds . Garden is doing ok as we water with soaker hoses . When you fix lawn mowers it is hard to do a true test drive unless you have grass to cut . :pullhair: Rain today and then rain again in a couple of days for a few days. :cheers: What do guys do else where when you need to test a machine when there is no grass to cut ?
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Timj United States of America

Re: finally some rain

Post by Timj »

DavidBarkey wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:16 pm Finally getting some rain . Ran out of grass to cut on test drives . :violin: Grass is all brown . Only thing green is the weeds . Garden is doing ok as we water with soaker hoses . When you fix lawn mowers it is hard to do a true test drive unless you have grass to cut . :pullhair: Rain today and then rain again in a couple of days for a few days. :cheers: What do guys do else where when you need to test a machine when there is no grass to cut ?
We got the storms last night. The NW wind finally blew the humidity out today.

I always have some areas of un-cut grass. It's tall thick and tough. You know quick if what you did will hold but can't judge cut quality. :48:
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

The weather predictors keep saying it's going to rain but all I've been getting is promises. Rain again tonight I'll believe it when I see it. Going to take the grand to Niagara Falls tomorrow. It will rain tomorrow when we go to the falls.

Keep the Peace :peace: :cop:
Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

We’ve gotten just enough rain to kinda keep things alive. I think we’re about 3 inches behind on rainfall right now. I don’t know about testing mowers, right now all you can do is see how much dust they make! We’re supposed to get some moisture tonigh and tomorrow, we’ll see.
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

Some rain coming this week. So “they” say. My grass is still green yet. But another week of this heat could change that a bit. But with the rain and cooler temperatures coming this week, I think we will be ok.

Why does the grass turn brown and the weeds stay green. ? :45: :106: :hm:

Noel

You’ll have to grow a patch of weeds to do your testing on Dave. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Harry wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:45 pm The weather predictors keep saying it's going to rain but all I've been getting is promises. Rain again tonight I'll believe it when I see it. Going to take the grand to Niagara Falls tomorrow. It will rain tomorrow when we go to the falls.

Keep the Peace :peace: :cop:
Harry
I think thats called Murffeys Law . Have a great time with the yongins .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

JSinMO wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:54 pm We’ve gotten just enough rain to kinda keep things alive. I think we’re about 3 inches behind on rainfall right now. I don’t know about testing mowers, right now all you can do is see how much dust they make! We’re supposed to get some moisture tonigh and tomorrow, we’ll see.
Same problem we have right now . ANd we are a sand pile left by the last ice age . But we have been getting rain on and off all day . :congrats: :thumbsup:
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Propane57 wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:14 pm Some rain coming this week. So “they” say. My grass is still green yet. But another week of this heat could change that a bit. But with the rain and cooler temperatures coming this week, I think we will be ok.

Why does the grass turn brown and the weeds stay green. ? :45: :106: :hm:

Noel

You’ll have to grow a patch of weeds to do your testing on Dave. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Thought you need a special lic. to grow weeds . ;)
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

I thought any individual can grow up to three weeds legally. My nephew grows them at his mom's house. Me stay away, my mind is altered naturally enough as it is and when I run the 446 even more so from the exhaust :rofl:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

4 weeds here you can grow. I should git out of the potatoe growin and try growin weeds.

Take a trip and never leave the farm. :rofl: :rofl:

Noel :D