the way we roll

Jancoe United States of America

Re: the way we roll

Post by Jancoe »

@Gordy that had to be around a 400lb roller without fluid inside. I bet that thing did a great job.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Timj United States of America

Post by Timj »

About thirty years ago the moles had done a number on the yard of our previous home. I threw this together out of an old water tank I had laying around.
KIMG0677.JPG
It was crudely slapped together in a hurry. :smash: no bearings, just 1 1/4" pipe slipped over some 1". Used it for a while without grease but it really squawked, a few pumps of open gear lube quiets it down.
Full of water it's pretty heavy, you can feel it push going down hill but with it's size it still distributes the weight. Haven't had to use it full in quite a while. Mostly only use it empty to roll in seeding for food plots.
:geek: Tim
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
Gordy United States of America

Post by Gordy »

Jancoe wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:26 pm @Gordy that had to be around a 400lb roller without fluid inside. I bet that thing did a great job.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Close ;)

So it's raining out and bored, :geek: I found some online calculators, pipe weight = 380.3 pounds (explains why I had to use the engine hoist to stand it up and flip it to weld the end caps on). Water volume 88 us gallons = 733.9 pounds. Pipe and water = 1,114 pounds, add to that the end caps, frame and weld wire ?

:cheers:
Gordy