Page 1 of 1

Spring cleanup

Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:47 pm
by Spike188
Spring cleaning with a few good tools makes life a little easier.
20230413_191858.jpg
I cut a wisteria down, and attempted to put it through the chipper. Green wisteria is like cutting a limp rope, there is not any practical way to chop or shred it. The 646 ended up being used to haul the brush to a pile out of sight.
20230414_121242.jpg
After cleaning up the mess it was on to blowing the leaves to the side of the yard. The 646 came in handy as a fuel truck for this job.

The next evening we were surprised by a visiting racoon.

Re: Spring cleanup

Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:37 pm
by JSinMO
Looking good @Spike188 , even the raccoon had to come by to check things out!
It sure is a good feeling when you can jump on a good machine and know it’s gonna help you get some work done!

Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:25 pm
by MattA
Looks like a fun day. I mowed my lawn, put down fertilizer and dug out the stump from a bush I cut down last fall. Still have two more bushes to remove.

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:21 am
by propane1
Sure is nice to have tractors to help out. Nice looking fleet. The raccoon was lucky to make it. But not good having him around.

Noel

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:53 am
by DavidBarkey
Pulling Trumpet wine from where the old dead tree was .
How the old tree stump cover in vines looked in years past  . Now rotten and pulled down . 3' at the base
How the old tree stump cover in vines looked in years past . Now rotten and pulled down . 3' at the base
Some were 2" thick
Some were 2" thick
Didn't get much root
Didn't get much root

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:06 am
by propane1
I’d love to have a hydraulic loader. Jumpins, the work a fella could do with one of those.

Noel

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:20 am
by Eugen
@Spike188 nice to see the tractors at work! :thumbsup: A grapple would have been handy eh? :D

@DavidBarkey good workout for Frankie! :thumbsup:

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:02 am
by Gordy
propane1 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:06 am I’d love to have a hydraulic loader. Jumpins, the work a fella could do with one of those.

Noel
Yep, pulling that vine out I'd have been using the log chain hooked to the truck with the spare tire under the chain next to the vine trunk, to pull it up and out.

:cheers:
Gordy