How do I present and secure the best...?

ras101 United States of America

How do I present and secure the best...?

Post by ras101 »

So just wanted to get this out there so anyone new to the forum or those that wanted to submit manuals, etc. had the best info available to submit the best copy. Obviously it goes without saying, I hope, that cleaning the scanner screen is a necessary first step in any copying.
For me, I never use auto feed on my scanner when I want to share manuals (too many variables), even though I have a high end color laser copier/printer the flat bed scanner is the way to go here and just take your time.
My first action after feeding each page individually and making sure to align each page is to check the result (I use the scanning software that came with the scanner), in my case HP. I then save as a .pdf file and feed the result as a pdf and open into PaperPort (I'm lucky have have the latest version 14) but most of the earlier versions have the same/upgraded tools to support - "eraser" and "alignment" tools plus a lot more too. With these two tools I can correct all "background" issues with the copy _ such as finger prints, deposits, punch holes, edge marks, and well general junk, etc. and also align the print to the paper too. I save as I move along in .pdf too.
If I want to share downloaded manuals, or keep my own copy too, that I found online (for me one HATE such things as "water Marks" that always end up obscuring the very thing you want to explore (devils advocate)) or the page is off kilter and parts are missing off page, etc. Or perhaps you have a drawing that you created and wanted to include on your copy or to share with others these programs/tools will help. Got other tools I use too (free) to address other issues - not sure how to - ask!

This my friends is only a starter to get you interested.. For me I go several steps further... adding my own drawings, etc. the sky's the limit and saving your work and observations is priceless for us all when you share..