Hydraulic Brakes!!

Drawings and schematics of parts for tractors, attachments, tools.
ras101 United States of America

Re: Hydraulic Brakes!!

Post by ras101 »

DavidBarkey wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:24 pm
ras101 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:29 pm So I found it! here is the pdf that inspired my quest into hydraulic brakes. My solution cuts the brake drum too and whole idea stemmed from this article. I even bought and have in my stock for my conversion the Yamaha brake caliper, pads, etc. that come as a complete system. This article was from the extinct Yahoo groups website.
Nice clean looking set up .
I thought so too David. For me the whole solution just seemed to melt into the Case/Ingersoll plan for our GT's. Looked more natural actually than their solution and well you know the rest.
Jancoe United States of America

Post by Jancoe »

So I got to thinking about my sandrail I used to have. When I built it, I replaced the rear drum brakes and converted it to disc. With the brakes, I also put in a cutting brake and also installed a hydraulic line lock as a parking brake. That cutting brake worked great. I'd have to think that would work on our tractors that doesn't have room for 2 side by side master cyl and pedals. Install a single master cyl and plumb in the cutting brake. Then you can control wheel lock up. Image

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

RoamingGnome Canada

Post by RoamingGnome »

Jancoe wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:55 pm So I got to thinking about my sandrail I used to have. When I built it, I replaced the rear drum brakes and converted it to disc. With the brakes, I also put in a cutting brake and also installed a hydraulic line lock as a parking brake. That cutting brake worked great. I'd have to think that would work on our tractors that doesn't have room for 2 side by side master cyl and pedals. Install a single master cyl and plumb in the cutting brake. Then you can control wheel lock up. Image

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Oooh... That is slick! 1 handle controlling 2 brake lines :hm: - I was used to the low buck mechanical method of splitting the park brake cables and using 2 handles so you could engage the park brake on one side or the other, or pull up on both for proper "parking brake"
'68 Case 195, '84 Case 446, '88 Ingersoll 222 - and 1965 Case 530ck (fullsize backhoe)