Opening fusion drawings ?

Drawings and schematics of parts for tractors, attachments, tools.
DavidBarkey Canada

Opening fusion drawings ?

Post by DavidBarkey »

I only have a simple chrome book . My knowledge and experience is in single sided and isometric drawings . So my question Ray @ras101 is can I open your stuff in Tinkercad ? Autodesk say I can run that on my Chrome book. I just want to be able to see these things first and not overwelme myself trying to do it .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Eugen Canada

Re: Opening fusion drawings ?

Post by Eugen »

What would really help is the pdf drawings with dimensions, which, unfortunately, are quite a bit of work to generate from the dwg files.

As Dave has found out one needs a pretty powerful computer to run Fusion 360. But pdf files can be open with almost anything.
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
ras101 United States of America

Post by ras101 »

Another thing guys, is that I only work in Fusion 360 and dwg a 2D program is the only way to share the info right now. Fusion is a 3d graphics program that has many attributes but as Eugen said needs a reasonable computer too and probably most tablets will not handle that. For me I am using a 12 core computer with too many M of ram! Yeah I am what you would refer to as a computer freak! :) Most 3D graphics (these are files that can be rotated to see all aspects of the part!) are large, some very large, so that is a factor too as in storage when you down load. I guess my life revolves around computers but above all Case/Ingersoll GT's..

All the attributes, size/angle/etc of the part are contained in the metadata of each and every file. Every drawing shown has been drawn using digital instruments and is as accurate as if you were looking at the original part drawing to produce the part but unlike say a part drawing no dimensions are on the drawing as when the part is displayed on screen the part can be measured real time. . If you can download the Fusion 360 app you have everything and can use the tools in the app to rotate and measure any angle, shape, size etc. Due to restrictions here right now the native file type (.F3z) is not up loadable but if you want a drawing just private message me with what you are looking for. I know that the file type upload issue will be fixed soon..
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

ras101 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:11 pm Due to restrictions here right now the native file type (.F3z) is not up loadable but if you want a drawing just private message me with what you are looking for. I know that the file type upload issue will be fixed soon..
Files of type .f3z have been added to the uploadable CAD group. I don't know what advantage that would have over dwg files, my impression was that a model is complete in a dwg file. My worry is that we're keeping here duplicate information in just two different file types, and these files tend to be large. My hosting package does not enjoy a lot of space, so let's be ready do move/park some large files to another site, or I'll have to upgrade the package ($$$$).
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
ras101 United States of America

Post by ras101 »

Thanks Eugen, F3Z files are complete and are 3d and dwg and are just like a photo flat! I just want members to be able to access all that's available