Autodesk Fusion 360 CAD

Drawings and schematics of parts for tractors, attachments, tools.
ras101 United States of America

Re: Autodesk Fusion 360 CAD

Post by ras101 »

B&S 18HP vanguard engine drawing
Attachments
B&S Engine 18HP Assy v1.dwg
(25.57 MiB) Downloaded 110 times
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Yay! Thank you for your patience Ray, and certainly thank you for willing to share your work with the members of this forum. This kind of contribution is rare and very much appreciated by us all. More help for us to keep these great Case tractors of our alive! :cheers:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:

Post by ras101 »

DavidBarkey wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:37 pm Ray @ras101 . Dumb question as I don't understand a lot of this anymore . Can you convert to a jpeg and then upload ? I do appreciate you making drawing of these parts.
There is never a dumb question David.
Most drawing files can be converted using the right application. The problem usually is that the conversion usually some aspect of the file being lost. In the case we are talking about CAD files are highly intelligent and contain a lot of metadata that enables the files and images to be manipulated and worked on. Such things as being able to rotate the image through 360 degrees or measure length or angle, etc. are lost when just displaying an image of the part as happens with formats such as jpeg, etc. What I am trying to do here is give you access to information/drawings that enable you to check your part against for say any ware or tear, etc. or even create a new part in the event of failure..

Post by ras101 »

Ok, as the title suggests I work in Fusion 360 for all my CAD work. Why _ because I am cheap! :) no that's not it, perhaps because I like 3d and want to enable my friends to experience the ability to share drawings accurately in almost photographic fashion in 3D and not the standard 2d flat mode like a photo (Jpegs). I would prefer to share my work in the native format of this application ..F3Z but that is not possible right now but the level of restriction for file type downloads is like light years. Anyone that wants to take my work to a new level and wants to use Fusion 360 should contact me and I will/can provide native files. My only request is that you share your work on the forum so we all benefit.

OK lets really get started here. Still not a fan of the format of this section but we will live with it. I will create a posting for each major assembly and the add posts to document each part as I have them or are drawn. My request guys is to don't respond directly to my posting but to start a new post asking questions. Why/ because I would like to try to keep the posts with the drawing clean to make it easier for members to follow the design. That said lets get started.

My first section will be for a modified K2 Cab.
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

ras101 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:33 pm Still not a fan of the format of this section but we will live with it.
Ray, if you describe how this section should be done to be more to your liking I can try to do that.
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E

Post by ras101 »

Hi Eugen... you my friend are the best thing that happen on any forum site I have been on and very accessible too!! my preference would be for the technical sections to be controlled differently from the forum sections where everyone can access and comment. Not sure if that makes sense but lets say I am looking for a manual I don't want to have to sort through everyone's comments before i access say a parts manual. That being said I might want to at some point remark about a manual or share some knowledge I might have found out such as - this part is no longer available but it has been replaced by.. but that should never be interloped with the manuals themselves. Bottom line, I guess is that I believe the technical sections should be under strict moderator control! all technical attachments for this section should only be uploaded by a moderator and the titles, and location should by in a standard format , i.e., if its say an Engine manual it might be under the heading of say Onan and then under the various options, etc. with no member able to change that but able to comment in the general forum. I would really like that for the Cad section too.

Post by ras101 »

ras101 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:18 pm
DavidBarkey wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:37 pm Ray @ras101 . Dumb question as I don't understand a lot of this anymore . Can you convert to a jpeg and then upload ? I do appreciate you making drawing of these parts.
There is never a dumb question David.
Most drawing files can be converted using the right application. The problem usually is that the conversion usually some aspect of the file being lost. In the case we are talking about CAD files are highly intelligent and contain a lot of metadata that enables the files and images to be manipulated and worked on. Such things as being able to rotate the image through 360 degrees or measure length or angle, etc. are lost when just displaying an image of the part as happens with formats such as jpeg, etc. What I am trying to do here is give you access to information/drawings that enable you to check your part against for say any ware or tear, etc. or even create a new part in the event of failure..
Another thing David. The drawings I am posting are from a 3D graphics program. I can rotate the image through any angle - top- bottom - left side - right side, or any angle between, ie it can be rotated to what you need to see. Jpegs on the other hand are like photo's and are static. When I produce jpegs I always have to ask what you want to see as 95% of the picture will be missing from you view. I know everyone is exploring what they are interested in at that moment but that would mean a new view for everyone but more important do you just want to see? or would you prefer something you can explore?

Post by ras101 »

ras101 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:01 pm Hi Eugen... you my friend are the best thing that happen on any forum site I have been on and very accessible too!! my preference would be for the technical sections to be controlled differently from the forum sections where everyone can access and comment. Not sure if that makes sense but lets say I am looking for a manual I don't want to have to sort through everyone's comments before i access say a parts manual. That being said I might want to at some point remark about a manual or share some knowledge I might have found out such as - this part is no longer available but it has been replaced by.. but that should never be interloped with the manuals themselves. Bottom line, I guess is that I believe the technical sections should be under strict moderator control! all technical attachments for this section should only be uploaded by a moderator and the titles, and location should by in a standard format , i.e., if its say an Engine manual it might be under the heading of say Onan and then under the various options, etc. with no member able to change that but able to comment in the general forum. I would really like that for the Cad section too.
Eugen, another thought? as this section is identified as Fusion 360 can I just provide the files as native 360? Perhaps we should just tell people where to get the free version and let them at it? Trying to be everything to everyone might not be the best approach here?
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

ras101 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:37 pm
Eugen, another thought? as this section is identified as Fusion 360 can I just provide the files as native 360? Perhaps we should just tell people where to get the free version and let them at it? Trying to be everything to everyone might not be the best approach here?
Ray, we do not have a separate section for Fusion 360, what we have here now is just a discussion I happen to open about Fusion 360.

I think though, that the categorization of technical drawings according to the the functional feature of the part in question would make more sense, after all Fusion 360 is just a tool producing DWG files.

Also please keep in mind that the format of the forum is quite fixed in the sense that we can create new forum sections, but two posts cannot be linked such that the drawing posting is separate from the discussion about the drawing.

However, there is a simple solution for that and it fits perfectly within the framework allowed by the forum software. The person who creates the drawing, in this case yourself, would open a new thread about the specific part. So the first posting would be yours, with the DWG file(s) attached. You can have then 1000 comments below it, it does not matter, the first posting is still yours and you can edit that posting at anytime you want. You can add another drawing, or modify the initial drawing. If someone would like to add an updated version of your drawing, all they would have to do is to upload it to the discussion, and you (or I) could attach it to the first posting with the appropriate comments.

The problem could be that we have "discussions" that are in that section, that have no drawing attached. For instance someone asking about availability of a model of a certain part. The solution could be to make all threads that have a DWG attached sticky to the upper part of the section.

The question to everyone is, what subsections should we create under the Technical Library->Drawings, CAD, Design ?
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E

Post by ras101 »

Eugen, makes perfect sense! Lets do this! I want to start a discussion on K2 Cabs first. Probable have close to 20 plus files to share..