Page 1 of 1

Home made Power Red

Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:56 pm
by DavidBarkey
1 gallon less 8 oz removed of Kubota Orange Rustolium enamel. Add 1 8oz can on Chinese red and stir well .
Spray mixed 5/2/1 paint /med. reducer/ hardener . Add atmospheric dust for filler when spraying.
Resulting colour is very close to the sample I have that is about 50 years old although slightly darker , but the sample may have some fade even being from inside dash tower plate . Sure made the blower housing and auger look nice .

Re: Home made Power Red

Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:07 pm
by thebuildist
DavidBarkey wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:56 pm 1 gallon less 8 oz removed of Kubota Orange Rustolium enamel. Add 1 8oz can on Chinese red and stir well .
Spray mixed 5/2/1 paint /med. reducer/ hardener . Add atmospheric dust for filler when spraying.
Resulting colour is very close to the sample I have that is about 50 years old although slightly darker , but the sample may have some fade even being from inside dash tower plate . Sure made the blower housing and auger look nice .
Awesome! Is "Chinese Red" a universal pigment, or a paint product made by Rustoleum?

Bob

Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:45 pm
by Eugen
That's great Dave! Looking forward to see it!

Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:22 pm
by DavidBarkey
thebuildist wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:07 pm
DavidBarkey wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:56 pm 1 gallon less 8 oz removed of Kubota Orange Rustolium enamel. Add 1 8oz can on Chinese red and stir well .
Awesome! Is "Chinese Red" a universal pigment, or a paint product made by Rustoleum?

Bob
It is a darker red a little towards the burgundy wine . I had some NOS 8 oz tin given to me . It is very similar to regal red .

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:14 am
by DavidBarkey
20220827_095735.jpg
20220827_095717.jpg
The first pic. is the back of the tower access plate with 50 year old Power Red next to the DE1607 Chevy engine Orange/Red
Second is the plate next to the blower housing with the Kubota Orange /Chinese Red mix . If only 4 or 6 oz would be a little closer to the original figuring some fade even though in side tower.
But I like it the way it is . To me it looks more like what I would imagine a "Power Red " would look like if I had never seen a sample .
Now to work on Desert Sand .
Finally figured out a way to upload pics. :thumbsup:

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:34 am
by Eugen
Looks great and you can't beat the price for that quality paint! The other thing is that true tone color doesn't show in pictures. All Case tractors I have ever seen were old and faded. So I have no idea what a freshly painted power red looks like :D

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:32 pm
by Jancoe
What I find to me seems there is a lot of variants of power red right from oem. I've sprayed rattle cans and had quarts and gallons of power red. I've had my hands on a lot of case and ingersoll tractors along with many attachments. Alot of them seemed to have a different shade. Even the back of the tower covers. I know weather and age will have an effect. The later Maine built ones seemed to be more red to me. Lol idk if that is true but sure seems it. Regardless power red is a nice color.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:33 pm
by ras101
Still buying my Power Red from a local Case dealer with no issues in quarts and gallons !

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:34 pm
by Harry
ras101 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:33 pm Still buying my Power Red from a local Case dealer with no issues in quarts and gallons !
Ray, I get my paint from the Case dealer in Batavia, NY. :peace: Harry