Need an expert!

Techniques, prep for the in-experienced, primer types, and paint types and how to apply them professionally, good paint shops resources in your local area, etc.
ras101 United States of America

Need an expert!

Post by ras101 »

OK, I need an expert! is that you or do you know anyone? I live in WNY, Webster/Rochester to be precise. I have a sandblasted frame and some parts st I want painted. so I can move a project to the next stage Why not me? - too old, to scared, don't have the skillset, to do this myself but looking for help! I can provide all the material epoxy primer, Quarts of Power Red etc> i am just not a painter and need help!!!! If you are interested,or know someone that can please contact me using private massaging.
mendonsy United States of America

Re: Need an expert!

Post by mendonsy »

Smith Automotive in Webster is supposed to be good at finish painting. It might be worth a trip to their shop to see what they have to say about your project. I have not used them myself, but one of my customers from Williamson did and was happy with their work.
ras101 United States of America

Post by ras101 »

Hi, never thought about approaching a auto repair shop for painting a GT! Always just assumed they stayed within there field of operation but definitely a good option. I have used Smith Auto before for car work but definitely would not recommend them for any welding work! They trashed my 1999 Jeep Wrangler when they worked on a chassis issue. I would not even drive it! and had it flat bedded to another shop that had to swap out the chassis as the one they did was unsafe. So I will never use Smith again but you have given me a thought to approach a painter from that environment.
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

ras101 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:02 pm Hi, never thought about approaching a auto repair shop for painting a GT! Always just assumed they stayed within there field of operation but definitely a good option. I have used Smith Auto before for car work but definitely would not recommend them for any welding work! They trashed my 1999 Jeep Wrangler when they worked on a chassis issue. I would not even drive it! and had it flat bedded to another shop that had to swap out the chassis as the one they did was unsafe. So I will never use Smith again but you have given me a thought to approach a painter from that environment.
Most shop do mainly insurance work . But there are a number of guys around that do side work at home . Some of them the side work is nicer than there at shop work because they are not under the gun .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder