644BH and 646BH backhoe parts manual

Where you can find manuals for Colt Case and Ingersoll tractors. Manual donation is accepted and aprecciated.
Spike188 Canada

644BH and 646BH backhoe parts manual

Post by Spike188 »

@Harry This manual had eluded me on the other site and on this one. The 644, 646 and 648 wheel loader manuals, D100 backhoe and hydraulic cylinder service manuals as well were found. But one that covered the 6XX BH series showing backhoe mounting and seat mounts was elusive.
644bh and 646bh pscr.png

https://manuals.ccigt.com/More/p36.pdf

This is the link to the manual on this site.

The manual sections still needs some more work with naming and sorting but it is getting there.

Spike
Spike Colt - 9 & 10, Case - 108, 118, 444, 446, 448, 646, 646bh, Ingersoll 4016, 4118AH
Harry United States of America

Re: 644BH and 646BH backhoe parts manual

Post by Harry »

Spike I've not seen the manual you're referring to. Many manuals on the original site were deleted by VS when they were transferring them to the new site. :45: :45: :45:

Keep the Peace :cop:
Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
Doublet United States of America

Parts manuals

Post by Doublet »

Over the years I have scanned copies of many, many Colt-Case-Ingersoll parts and service manuals. The problem with them right now they are in several different places on several hard drives and cds. I am sure a lot of them are the same manuals with different names.

I spent several years trying to track down the different versions of the manuals. When new manual revisions came out the dealers were supposed to remove certain pages just say pages 12, 18, 20, 25, 28 of the Dec 1965 version and replace them with updated version.

I have been slowly working on these manuals since joining the forum. If you are in need of a manual not on the forum please let me know and I will go through them and check for you.

I hope to get the manuals organized and donate all of them to the forum and it's members. The manner I am reorganizing the manuals may cause each file to exceed the 20 mb forum limit and the 25 mb email limit.

Once they are all cleaned up and organized I will have a way to get them to the forum or to any member that may want them at no cost.

Doublet (Terry) :usa:
"It is all about the history of the tractors. "One tractor at a time"
Eugen Canada

Re: Parts manuals

Post by Eugen »

Doublet wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:13 am Over the years I have scanned copies of many, many Colt-Case-Ingersoll parts and service manuals. The problem with them right now they are in several different places on several hard drives and cds. I am sure a lot of them are the same manuals with different names.

I spent several years trying to track down the different versions of the manuals. When new manual revisions came out the dealers were supposed to remove certain pages just say pages 12, 18, 20, 25, 28 of the Dec 1965 version and replace them with updated version.

I have been slowly working on these manuals since joining the forum. If you are in need of a manual not on the forum please let me know and I will go through them and check for you.

I hope to get the manuals organized and donate all of them to the forum and it's members. The manner I am reorganizing the manuals may cause each file to exceed the 20 mb forum limit and the 25 mb email limit.

Once they are all cleaned up and organized I will have a way to get them to the forum or to any member that may want them at no cost.

Doublet (Terry) :usa:
I wish we had those manuals now, as I will soon go through the existing manuals and organize them by model and serial number, it would be nice not to do it again for another batch of manuals, but I understand the predicament of manuals on different hard drives and such.

I am not sure why you want to put a whole bunch of manuals in one pdf? Most people are looking for one manuals, and as long as it is easy to find by model number and serial number, they can download only the file they need. However, to transfer large files is not a problem, as I can increase the file size limit for downloads at any time.

Thank you for considering this contribution to this forum. I am sure it would add another factor for new users to join. :cheers:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:

Post by Doublet »

@Eugen

Do you know of any manuals that you do not have? Version or model? The only reason for putting the say 100 series in one large file is the all the versions or variations found can be in one (file) or place. Say the A1281 and the 1281 for the 644-646 in one file.

I currently have most (if not all the files) that were on the old site as well as others. Over the years anytime I saw a manual I would download a copy of it.

I know it is hard to say what you don't have vs what you do have.

When I do go through my files you shouldn't have to do much to them. I plan on cleaning up files as much as possible and optimizing them and organizing them by model and serial number.

The biggest problem I had when saving them over the years was when I saved them by whatever name they already had on them. I now have to go through almost each file and rename it.

Almost every website that I downloaded them from decided they apparently owned them and added their name to the files.

Doublet (Terry)
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Doublet wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:31 pm @Eugen

Do you know of any manuals that you do not have? Version or model? The only reason for putting the say 100 series in one large file is the all the versions or variations found can be in one (file) or place. Say the A1281 and the 1281 for the 644-646 in one file.

I currently have most (if not all the files) that were on the old site as well as others. Over the years anytime I saw a manual I would download a copy of it.

I know it is hard to say what you don't have vs what you do have.
Sorry, I do not know what I'm missing. On this site we have ALL the files that were on the old manual site. I hope you understand what I'm saying when I say all. We also have all the manuals from:

http://domania.us/gts-today/TTG-thetrac ... nuals.html

in our Misc/ directory.

For what is worth, I think two of the best sites to browse Parts manuals are:
1. https://www.rottmansales.com/ingersoll-case/
2. http://eastmanind.com.mytempweb.com/ING ... fault.aspx

When I do go through my files you shouldn't have to do much to them. I plan on cleaning up files as much as possible and optimizing them and organizing them by model and serial number.

The biggest problem I had when saving them over the years was when I saved them by whatever name they already had on them. I now have to go through almost each file and rename it.
Indeed, this is what I need to do with all the files that we have, and after that, create proper links to them in our Technical library. I will have to REDO the links again for any files that are given to me by any of you.
Almost every website that I downloaded them from decided they apparently owned them and added their name to the files.
Doublet (Terry)
Yes, quite annoying that people put their site name on them, as though they own the files.
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E

Post by Doublet »

Yes, I understand! It is quite a time consuming task.
Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

And here's 8-3052 for 6018bh

https://www.rottmansales.com/wp-content ... 8-3052.pdf

and 644bh and 646bh

https://www.rottmansales.com/wp-content ... /B1302.pdf

This site above has, in my opinion, the nicest interface to the parts manuals.
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Spike188 Canada

Post by Spike188 »

The learning curve in this hobby can be a bit steep when you have the tractor but can not find the matching manual. This is especially true when the tractor is a hybrid like the BH model where the manual for the hoe is separate from the 6XX series.
:headbash: I spent many hours climbing trees in the manual jungle looking for one covering a 646BH with a 1975 serial number. I visited the eastmandind, CCI, a few other sites in the search. To my knowledge the backhoe is treated as an attachment so it has a manual of its own, while backhoe subframe and counter weights is in a tractor parts manual. I found it on this site by opening each of 36 different links, all with names like p07.pdf.

This thread is fascinating in that it reveals how much background work and thought goes into a building a usable and searchable database. Keep up the discussion and sharing ideas. This is how a good site gets better and becomes more user friendly.

Spike
Spike Colt - 9 & 10, Case - 108, 118, 444, 446, 448, 646, 646bh, Ingersoll 4016, 4118AH