Loader Bucket bleed down

Utility blade, snow caster, mower deck, weights, sleeve hitch, 3pt hitch, front end loader, backhoe, and more. Ready made or homemade.
thebuildist United States of America

Re: Loader Bucket bleed down

Post by thebuildist »

got it. And thanks!

Bob
"Never be afraid to try something new. How hard can it be?"
FUTZ Canada

Post by FUTZ »

thebuildist wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:36 pm ...
There are no leaks that I know of, so I guess it has to be the new spool valve? It's from Northern Tool and claims to have load holding check valves. I thought it would be ok quality, but perhaps not.

Is there anything I should look at in there other than finding that check valve and lapping its seat?

Bob
Load checks are not on cylinder ports of valve. So valve can still leak to tank. Hold checks are on the pressure port. The intention is when you have a load say on the boom and you pull the bucket lever, oil doesn't pass from the boom to the bucket. Without the check, the bucket could flip up fast and the boom drop; or visa versa depending on order of cylinders.

Post by thebuildist »

FUTZ wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:03 pm
thebuildist wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:36 pm ...
There are no leaks that I know of, so I guess it has to be the new spool valve? It's from Northern Tool and claims to have load holding check valves. I thought it would be ok quality, but perhaps not.

Is there anything I should look at in there other than finding that check valve and lapping its seat?

Bob
Load checks are not on cylinder ports of valve. So valve can still leak to tank. Hold checks are on the pressure port. The intention is when you have a load say on the boom and you pull the bucket lever, oil doesn't pass from the boom to the bucket. Without the check, the bucket could flip up fast and the boom drop; or visa versa depending on order of cylinders.
Thank you for that clarification. It obviously helps if I at least understand how it's supposed to work!

Bob

Post by thebuildist »

I used it some more today, and it seems like MAYBE it might just be that the spring return on the loader valve handles might not be centered. It's hard to be sure, but it seems like if you jiggle the handles a little bit that it stops the slow lowering.

I'm going to have to play with it more to be sure, but it seems like that may be the case. If so, I need to open up the spring centering caps and find a way to adjust "neutral."

Bob
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

thebuildist wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:11 pm I used it some more today, and it seems like MAYBE it might just be that the spring return on the loader valve handles might not be centered. It's hard to be sure, but it seems like if you jiggle the handles a little bit that it stops the slow lowering.

I'm going to have to play with it more to be sure, but it seems like that may be the case. If so, I need to open up the spring centering caps and find a way to adjust "neutral."

Bob
Put a drop of oil on the outside of the exposed spools . I found sometimes new spools stick a little due to everything being new and tight . If that does not help crack the centring caps enough to squirt a little oil in there as well . Usually helps returning .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder

Post by thebuildist »

Great idea. I'll give that a try.

Bob