60" Mowing deck

Utility blade, snow caster, mower deck, weights, sleeve hitch, 3pt hitch, front end loader, backhoe, and more. Ready made or homemade.
myerslawnandgarden United States of America

Re: 60" Mowing deck

Post by myerslawnandgarden »

Propane57 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:38 pm Interesting reading. Thanks guys. That deck is sorta like the MF 1650, 1655 and 1855 tractor decks. Blades are timed. Not sure how they do it on the MF decks, but I know they use a coged type belt like a car timing belt. And are very hard to get parts or belts, apparently.

Noel
Belts and sprockets are readily available for the Case/Ingersoll 60" decks, not so for the Massey models mentioned. Massey also built and labeled those tractors for Snapper at the time.

Bob
Seabee United States of America

Post by Seabee »

Definitely a J48 deck. That makes it the first model of 60" for the 448, and was also used with the 446's with the longer frames. They are easy to tell apart because of the framing on the front side of the deck. This was the first. The newer 60" decks for LH throw do not have the bracing on the front of the decks as did the J version. I like the newer decks better for a few reasons, but love the strength of that front bracing. The newer decks have so much easier (better) mounting hardware than the old decks. But,the newer decks fold under in front if they come in contact with something firmly planted in that front area.

The RH throw 60" decks (RM60)are basically the later model of the LH throw decks, except they are mirror images of each other.

I don't think I would want that deck with the front wheels attached. I suspect it didn't turn out well. For $50 the spare parts would have been worth that!

I have had all versions of the 60" decks (J48, M48, and RM60 decks). I like how they mow, cut and speed my job, particularly mowing under my pine trees, and not getting raked off on some smaller trees. I do not like how one tree root, or anything that stops the blades even momentarily requires a set of new belts to replace at least one broken belt!

Bill Moyer.
Bill Moyer
Jancoe United States of America

Post by Jancoe »

As the guy I bought a tractor from with the rm60 said.. "When they are in time they cut time, and when they are out of time it cost alot of time". I didn't have large enough yard at my previous house at the time so I ended up selling it to Spike a few years back on one of his trips to the US. It has given him more time to find more projects. Your welcome. Lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Timj United States of America

Post by Timj »

@Harry I think walking away was a good decision. :highfive:
:geek: Tim
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

I just thought it was funny the guy wouldn't let it go for the price he quoted me. He told me it would be setting in his backyard if I changed my mind later down the road. People are funny and sometimes you can't figure them out! He still hasn't sold his 448 and he has purchased a new Kubota with a loader and mowing deck to but his grass. Walk away shake your head and see what pops up next! If it wasn't so close to my location, I would have never gone to look at it.

Keep the Peace :cop:
Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

@Harry dealing with wishy washy sellers always leaves you with that unsettling feeling, sounds like it wasn't meant for you after all! :cheers:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
Timj United States of America

Post by Timj »

Maybe it's true, we are a bunch of dinosaurs, slowly becoming extinct. The days of a handshake and your words making a deal and standing behind it are going bye bye. :112:
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Timj wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:17 am Maybe it's true, we are a bunch of dinosaurs, slowly becoming extinct. The days of a handshake and your words making a deal and standing behind it are going bye bye. :112:
Maybe we're just getting fewer. I still meet people out there who occasionally say "no need for a deposit, your word is good enough for me, the item's yours". On the other hand there's plenty of the other type. I sold a sofa about 3 weeks ago, at a really low price, in very good shape, so I had a lot of calls. The first guy who wanted to get it said he comes in the weekend to get it, ok. He never calls again. I call him on Saturday when he was supposed to pick it up, he says he's coming at 2. Well, he doesn't show up. I call him, he says his car broke and he's taking it to a mechanic, but his friend will bring him to get the sofa. Sure enough, he doesn't come. I can understand now why some people want a deposit. This guy messed my afternoon pretty good. :D In the end I sold it to another guy who really stuck to his word.

I kinda expect all kind of attitudes from people nowadays, but when I get that feeling that I'm dealing with someone wishy washy I try to let go of the deal, no matter how good it looks. Except when I got the big backhoe LOL there were red flags and I still went through with it. :rofl: yeah, oh well!
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush: