Page 1 of 1

Hydraulic Motors

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:58 pm
by Timj
I have been slowly compiling information on the hydraulic motors used by Case and Ingersoll on their attachments. :writing: The Hydra Cutter, 3Pt mower, Hydra vac, Tiller, Chipper/shredder, and the All Hydraulic mower and snow caster.
The motors used seem to be unique in varying degrees. Most are no longer available. There doesn't seem to be much out there for information on non-OEM replacements.

I hope to someday put something together on this. If it's already been done, somebody stop me. :124:

So, for now as you are playing with your machines and get a second, jot down any info you can get off your hydraulic motors and post to this thread. Include attachment model #.

We'll let it pile up here till we figure out where to go with it. :highfive:
:geek: Tim

Re: Hydraulic Motors

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:43 pm
by Doublet
Char-Lynn S-Series Hydraulic Motor Parts Manual .pdf
(497.91 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
I have some other stuff, I just need to find it.

Seems like Scott Dunt @sdunt and @ssmewing and other had a discussion about drive motors and pumps on another forum but I can't seem to find it right now.

Doublet (Terry)

@myerslawnandgarden
Do you know of any manuals or articles that would help him find the information?

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:23 pm
by Timj
Doublet wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:43 pm Char-Lynn S-Series Hydraulic Motor Parts Manual .pdf
Replacement Drive Motor Guide for Early Case and Colt Tractors.pdf

I have some other stuff, I just need to find it.

Seems like Steve Dunt @sdunt and @ssmewing and other had a discussion about drive motors and pumps on another forum but I can't seem to find it right now.

Doublet (Terry)

@myerslawnandgarden
Do you know of any manuals or articles that would help him find the information?
Thanks@Doublet I've been keeping track of whatever info I come across. I started out with just the ones used on the All Hydraulic tractors but some were the same as the ones used on the attachments for the regular tractors. Most of these hydraulic motors are NLA, they were proprietary, had special features, and odd displacements. Many of the manufacturers are out of business.They are some true unicorns.
There's considerable discussion out there about them, but little answers and alot of open ended threads.
I've been working my way through the CCI forums and Facebook groups and am branching out into the other GT forums. Then I've been cross referencing them and looking for suitable replacements.
I've not looked into the drive motors used on the tractors and probably won't. At least not for a while.

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:37 pm
by sdunt
Thanks for the Nod, but its Scott Dunt .. Not Steve. Where as Steve Smewing is correct

links and things from my notes:

https://casecoltingersoll.com/showthrea ... post186442

Thoughts on torque output of hydraulic vs gas engines.. I have the information for the Performer P216G which is the same displacement as the B43M. Maximum torque (intermittent rating per SAE J607) is 28.0 lb ft @2400 rpm and the continuous rating is 22.4 lb ft @ 2400 rpm. At 3600 rpm the figures are 23.3 and 18.7 respectively.

### HydraCutter

Used .79 - .80 CID motor
7" Drive Pulley on the motor
A .77 CID motor should spin @ 2800 RPM.
.77 CID at 2,000 RPM and 2500 psi = 8 GPM
Torque OUT put @ 2,000 rpm 2,000 PSI = 215 Inch pounds
    2,500 PSI = 270 Inch pounds =  22.5 Ft pounds

Hydracutter spins @ 1218 -> 1082 RPM or 18 R/ Second
48" blades -> 150" circle = 27 Feet / Second 12,850 FPS
Using 4 1/2 pulley driving a 9 3/4 pulley

AHA hyudraulic mower deck replacement motor:
13cc - .793 Cubic Inch..
Max RPM 3500
Min RPM 300
10.3 GPM at 3000 RPM
Max PSI 2800

Hyro Motor used on 41xx snowcaster:
CROSS HIGH SPEED HYDRAULIC MOTOR

Brand new, Cross hydraulic gear motor. Model 40MH07DACSC. Pressure balanced loading plates for high efficiency. Aluminum body for good heat dissipation. Pressure lubricated Teflon impregnated sleeve bearings. Internal check valves eliminate need for case drain at shaft seal pressures under 250 PSI.

SPECIFICATIONS
0.75 cu in disp
Max Pressure 3000 PSI
Max speed 3000 cont
6.5 GPM for 1800 RPM
7.5 HP at 1800 RPM, 2500 PSI
280 in-lbs. torque at 2500 PSI
Reversible Rotation
SAE A 2 bolt mount
5/8" dia x 1-1/4" keyed shaft
SAE 12 ports
1/4" NPT drain port
4-1/2" x 5-1/8" x 4-15/16"

CCI TIller Motor is Parker - TBO165AS110

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:01 pm
by Doublet
Sorry Mr. Dunt,

I will try to do better. My memory not what it once was.

Doublet (Terry)

Posted: Sat May 14, 2022 8:56 am
by Timj
sdunt wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:37 pm Thanks for the Nod, but its Scott Dunt .. Not Steve. Where as Steve Smewing is correct

links and things from my notes:

Thoughts on torque output of hydraulic vs gas engines.. I have the information for the Performer P216G which is the same displacement as the B43M. Maximum torque (intermittent rating per SAE J607) is 28.0 lb ft @2400 rpm and the continuous rating is 22.4 lb ft @ 2400 rpm. At 3600 rpm the figures are 23.3 and 18.7 respectively.

### HydraCutter

Used .79 - .80 CID motor
7" Drive Pulley on the motor
A .77 CID motor should spin @ 2800 RPM.
.77 CID at 2,000 RPM and 2500 psi = 8 GPM
Torque OUT put @ 2,000 rpm 2,000 PSI = 215 Inch pounds
    2,500 PSI = 270 Inch pounds =  22.5 Ft pounds

Hydracutter spins @ 1218 -> 1082 RPM or 18 R/ Second
48" blades -> 150" circle = 27 Feet / Second 12,850 FPS
Using 4 1/2 pulley driving a 9 3/4 pulley

AHA hyudraulic mower deck replacement motor:
13cc - .793 Cubic Inch..
Max RPM 3500
Min RPM 300
10.3 GPM at 3000 RPM
Max PSI 2800

Hyro Motor used on 41xx snowcaster:
CROSS HIGH SPEED HYDRAULIC MOTOR

Brand new, Cross hydraulic gear motor. Model 40MH07DACSC. Pressure balanced loading plates for high efficiency. Aluminum body for good heat dissipation. Pressure lubricated Teflon impregnated sleeve bearings. Internal check valves eliminate need for case drain at shaft seal pressures under 250 PSI.

SPECIFICATIONS
0.75 cu in disp
Max Pressure 3000 PSI
Max speed 3000 cont
6.5 GPM for 1800 RPM
7.5 HP at 1800 RPM, 2500 PSI
280 in-lbs. torque at 2500 PSI
Reversible Rotation
SAE A 2 bolt mount
5/8" dia x 1-1/4" keyed shaft
SAE 12 ports
1/4" NPT drain port
4-1/2" x 5-1/8" x 4-15/16"

CCI TIller Motor is Parker - TBO165AS110
Thanks @sdunt some useful information there. I'm assuming your first paragraph under ### hydra cutter is for the hrm48h 3pt mower?

If you have a 3pt mower or @Harry could check the rpms the motor or deck is turning at wide open throttle with an optical tach it would give an idea of what the actual hydraulic out put of the hydraulic system is. I'm going to be doing this with my ahrm48.

Cross also offers that hydraulic motor as a 40MH07DAKSC .75ci with a .75" x 2" shaft which would be an option for applications needing the bigger shaft.
Thanks guys!

Posted: Sat May 14, 2022 6:35 pm
by Harry
My 3 pt HRM48H is buried in the back of my lean to right next to the roto tiller and the 646. I won't be getting it out for another month.

Keep the Peace :cop:
Harry

Posted: Sat May 14, 2022 6:44 pm
by Timj
Harry wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 6:35 pm My 3 pt HRM48H is buried in the back of my lean to right next to the roto tiller and the 646. I won't be getting it out for another month.

Keep the Peace :cop:
Harry
No rush Harry :highfive: if you think about it when you have it on and can do it, that would be fine.
:geek: tim

Posted: Tue May 02, 2023 2:43 pm
by Timj
@dhitching I thought I would pull this discussion over here to not muddy up the tech library.
You mentioned you pulled the one motor out of an AHRM60 mower deck. I had also seen the pics you had posted on the FB group.
What is the shaft configuration and diameter of that Ultra motor? Is it threaded to the pulley?

I ask because I have ran into a few mentions that the Ultra motor used an 11/16" shaft diameter.

Posted: Tue May 02, 2023 3:58 pm
by dhitching
Timj wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 2:43 pm @dhitching I thought I would pull this discussion over here to not muddy up the tech library.
Always a good call!
Timj wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 2:43 pm What is the shaft configuration and diameter of that Ultra motor? Is it threaded to the pulley?
I ask because I have ran into a few mentions that the Ultra motor used an 11/16" shaft diameter.
Yessir, 11/16" keyed straight shaft with a 7/16-20 threaded end and a nut to hold the pulley on.

Here's the relevant excerpt from the specs drawing I posted for it. (Click on the photo, it's big)
image.png
image.png (28.39 KiB) Viewed 7563 times

Posted: Tue May 02, 2023 5:34 pm
by Timj
dhitching wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 3:58 pm
Timj wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 2:43 pm @dhitching I thought I would pull this discussion over here to not muddy up the tech library.
Always a good call!
Timj wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 2:43 pm What is the shaft configuration and diameter of that Ultra motor? Is it threaded to the pulley?
Yessir, 11/16" keyed straight shaft with a 7/16-20 threaded end and a nut to hold the pulley on.

Here's the relevant excerpt from the specs drawing I posted for it. (Click on the photo, it's big)
image.png
Thanks, this satisfies my suspicions. A couple of years ago someone posted on CCI that this motor
Screenshot_20230502-161848.png
was a direct drop in replacement for all the AHRM hydraulic motors. I did a lot of digging into it but couldn't confirm the information. This motor may be a replacement for the Ultra motor but definitely not for the Webster or Barnes motors.

Posted: Tue May 02, 2023 7:50 pm
by dhitching
Timj wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 5:34 pm Thanks, this satisfies my suspicions. A couple of years ago someone posted on CCI that this motor was a direct drop in replacement for all the AHRM hydraulic motors. I did a lot of digging into it but couldn't confirm the information. This motor may be a replacement for the Ultra motor but definitely not for the Webster or Barnes motors.
Yeah, Zwei is the biggest Parker Gear Motor distributor in the US, so it makes sense that they'd be the ones to sell you a Parker PGM511 style gear pump! :cheers:

Posted: Tue May 02, 2023 8:29 pm
by Timj
dhitching wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 7:50 pm
Timj wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 5:34 pm Thanks, this satisfies my suspicions. A couple of years ago someone posted on CCI that this motor was a direct drop in replacement for all the AHRM hydraulic motors. I did a lot of digging into it but couldn't confirm the information. This motor may be a replacement for the Ultra motor but definitely not for the Webster or Barnes motors.
Yeah, Zwei is the biggest Parker Gear Motor distributor in the US, so it makes sense that they'd be the ones to sell you a Parker PGM511 style gear pump! :cheers:
Their customer service rep wanted to sell the motor but definitely didn't want to get the shaft specs.
I tracked the part number back to Parker but at the time their site said that motor was imported and to contact them for specs as they didn't have them online. No one replied to my request

My AHRM48 and AHSB48 both have the Webster motor which has a 3/4" x 2" keyed shaft.

Posted: Thu May 18, 2023 8:21 am
by Timj
@dhitching do you still have your ahrm60 deck apart?
If you do I'm curious about the drive pulley attachment to the motor and size of the hole in it.

The parts manuals do not list separate pulleys for the Ultra motor which you would expect with the different shaft size and configuration.

Posted: Thu May 18, 2023 1:16 pm
by dhitching

Timj wrote:[mention]dhitching[/mention] do you still have your ahrm60 deck apart?
If you do I'm curious about the drive pulley attachment to the motor and size of the hole in it.
It's all stored away right now until I get some hydraulic hoses purchased. Once I get it out again I'll measure that for you.

It's worth noting that I'm not sure the Ultra motor is stock on the deck. The hose routing doesn't look like something that was designed in my opinion.

Posted: Thu May 18, 2023 3:33 pm
by Timj
dhitching wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:16 pm
Timj wrote:@dhitching do you still have your ahrm60 deck apart?
It's all stored away right now until I get some hydraulic hoses purchased. Once I get it out again I'll measure that for you.

It's worth noting that I'm not sure the Ultra motor is stock on the deck. The hose routing doesn't look like something that was designed in my opinion.
Thanks, no rush. I'm just trying to piece together some of the mystery of the hydraulic motors Ingersoll used. :highfive:

Posted: Fri May 19, 2023 11:48 am
by dhitching
Timj wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 3:33 pm I'm just trying to piece together some of the mystery of the hydraulic motors Ingersoll used. :highfive:
Here's a document that I've been working on. If there's any info you have that can help me fill it in please send a PM and I'll update it 😊

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... J7Y-WvITY/