Snow Caster vibration

Utility blade, snow caster, mower deck, weights, sleeve hitch, 3pt hitch, front end loader, backhoe, and more. Ready made or homemade.
Eugen Canada

Re: Snow Caster vibration

Post by Eugen »

Yeah, the mufflers. I really like the look and the fact that they're quiet is a real plus. I too want to know where we can get those! :D come on Dave, don't keep it a secret. :violin: :D
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Seabee wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:39 pm Machine Gun Muffs?

Bill
Muff lers ;)

Dave
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Eugen wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:53 pm Yeah, the mufflers. I really like the look and the fact that they're quiet is a real plus. I too want to know where we can get those! :D come on Dave, don't keep it a secret. :violin: :D
This is a better price that I can get it from the wholesaler .

https://www.amazon.ca/Stens-105-296-Law ... B001OKBDOW

Dave
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

That's a good price indeed; local Stens dealer has it for around $100. But I'm not able to get it right now. good to know for the future though.
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
MattA United States of America

Post by MattA »

Eugen wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:15 pm
DavidBarkey wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:48 pm No more vibration . :thumbsup:

Dave
That is great news Dave, and I'm relieved. Mine may be bent as well, I should check it once I get new bearings in. :109:

Quick question for you. Mine is really really noisy. How is yours, with all new bearings and such?
Eugen - My SB48 snowcaster Is noisy too but it doesn't vibrate much. My tractor only had a snowblower when I bought it with 55 hrs on it. Like new I guess.

Dave - Glad you got the snowcaster fixed. I like your method of fixing it.
Ingersoll 4016
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

MattA wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:40 pm
Eugen wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:15 pm
DavidBarkey wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:48 pm No more vibration . :thumbsup:

Dave
That is great news Dave, and I'm relieved. Mine may be bent as well, I should check it once I get new bearings in. :109:

Quick question for you. Mine is really really noisy. How is yours, with all new bearings and such?
Eugen - My SB48 snowcaster Is noisy too but it doesn't vibrate much. My tractor only had a snowblower when I bought it with 55 hrs on it. Like new I guess.

Dave - Glad you got the snowcaster fixed. I like your method of fixing it.
It worked well . But like anything your trying to straighten , you need to proceed a bit at a time or you can easily go past straight and have it bent the other way .

Dave
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
ssmewing United States of America

Post by ssmewing »

[/quote]

[/quote]

I always overhaul mine now. I thought the noise was normal. Until I replaced the auger and jackshaft bearings along with the 2 idlers. Now I can only tell the caster is on by the wind noise it makes. In fact, I often forget to turn it off because I really do not notice it is running. So, when I go to use it again and the starter does not turn I have to turn off the PTO.

Same with mower decks. They should be so quiet that you can hear only the air and the blades hitting the grass.
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

ssmewing wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:23 pm

[/quote]

I always overhaul mine now. I thought the noise was normal. Until I replaced the auger and jackshaft bearings along with the 2 idlers. Now I can only tell the caster is on by the wind noise it makes. In fact, I often forget to turn it off because I really do not notice it is running. So, when I go to use it again and the starter does not turn I have to turn off the PTO.

Same with mower decks. They should be so quiet that you can hear only the air and the blades hitting the grass.
[/quote]

Very quiet ,still a little chain noise . Still a little fine tuning to do when I get back to it .

Dave
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder