My snowcaster needs some TLC

Utility blade, snow caster, mower deck, weights, sleeve hitch, 3pt hitch, front end loader, backhoe, and more. Ready made or homemade.
ras101 United States of America

Re: My snowcaster needs some TLC

Post by ras101 »

I wondered that too. Eugen. Seems when I went looking for a "new" solution that my mind was more on finding the most non shear solution rather than any safety factor in saving...whatever..
ras101 United States of America

Re: My snowcaster needs some TLC

Post by ras101 »

I now have my two snow casters stripped down (L84 & J84) for rebuilds. Still making up my mind about the chain tension method I will use.. go with a version of later snow caster or go with a tension block. The only reason not to "upgrade" to the later (SB) snow caster tensioner is that the Snow Caster chain adjustment jack screw #C29877 is no longer available. Anyone that has one of these they don't want (or have dimensions) ?

I found this site : https://wencosimplex.com/spade-bolts/ that would really make a start into creating my own bolt.

Any how, just started the process to strip the paint off the housings and getting them ready for paint. As I start work I will try to take some pics.