Loader Build

Utility blade, snow caster, mower deck, weights, sleeve hitch, 3pt hitch, front end loader, backhoe, and more. Ready made or homemade.
Eugen Canada

Re: Loader Build

Post by Eugen »

I'll follow up with more comments but one thing I'm thinking right now is why make it detachable when you're this serious about a loader.

Must feel great to have progress and seeing the project on its last mile. Given the amount of detail you think of and describe I have to admit I wish you also had it as a write up like the blog page I posted on my Kohler rebuild. Much easier to digest and take time going through it. Not saying videos are bad, because there are things that you can best show with a clip. I think a combination would be ideal.
:cheers:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
thebuildist United States of America

Post by thebuildist »

I'll try to make it a point to go through and do that. It's not too hard to pull a pictorial write-up out of videos. But it's impossible to go the other way!

:lol:
"Never be afraid to try something new. How hard can it be?"

Post by thebuildist »

Eugen wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:53 pm ...why make it detachable when you're this serious about a loader?
Great question.

It did take a lot of extra thinking and work to go the detachable route. But I only have room for a single tractor, and its primary job will always be "lawnmower."

So I didn't want to make my lawnmower permanently heavier, harder to maneuver, harder to store, etc. (My shed is just deep enough to close the door behind the tractor as it is. If I add a front bucket, I can no longer close and lock the shed door. And that's a bad plan around here. So I'll store the tractor itself in the secure shed, and leave the loader under a tarp. No one is going to steal a random loader assembly.

And I didn't have the luxury of just "making this one a loader" and then picking up something else to be the mower. As I say, I only have room for one, so that one has to do double duty.

Due to the extra work, I'll admit it was very tempting to just build it as non-detachable and then go back and make it detachable later "if I really felt like it." But the more I analyzed it, the more I realized that it's much more difficult to make it one way and then go cut out half your work and re-make it another way. Too much work, too demoralizing. The time to do it is on the front end. The more I thought about it, it was either build it detachable, or don't build it at all. So detachable it was.

Post by thebuildist »

It took eternity, but the Phase 4 video is FINALLY out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p5dVRWHrzo

If nothing else, it'll cure insomnia! :roll:
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

I have watched and enjoyed your videos. Wish you had something like a blog/journal because it's hard to navigate a video to minute x:20 to find that particular something you're talking about. But the videos are enjoyable nonetheless. Looking forward to finding the time now to watch this next installment. Thank you for sharing Bob! :cheers:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
mac102004 Canada

Post by mac102004 »

Actually stumbled across the video's the other night and watched them. I left a comment on the latest one, to which you replied. Anyway figured I'd stop in here and see if you weren't a member before I shared the video links here myself, sure enough you are.

Great build, keep them coming. :cheers:
Case 444 Golden Demo
Ingersoll 7020
Massey Ferguson 320GTX (Ingersoll 4020PS)
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

@thebuildist Are you going to have pedal on it? I'm very curious how you'll do that.
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E

Post by thebuildist »

Eugen wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:34 am @thebuildist Are you going to have pedal on it? I'm very curious how you'll do that.
Do you mean foot-based travel control? If so, I've thought about it, but I don't currently have it officially planned.
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

thebuildist wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:15 pm
Do you mean foot-based travel control? If so, I've thought about it, but I don't currently have it officially planned.
Yes sir, that's what I meant :highfive:

Very curious how you'll do that. After working with my 644 I would change all my tractors to that if I could. :cheers:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

thebuildist wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:15 pm
Eugen wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:34 am @thebuildist Are you going to have pedal on it? I'm very curious how you'll do that.
Somewhere I have pic.s of how I did it on Frankie . Kept the handle but made it removable so I can still use it when needed and do still often . I will see if I can find them . I can tell you with a loader on without foot controls you will need 4 hands too run all the controls at once .
Dave
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder