Johnny Bucket

Utility blade, snow caster, mower deck, weights, sleeve hitch, 3pt hitch, front end loader, backhoe, and more. Ready made or homemade.
MattA United States of America

Johnny Bucket

Post by MattA »

For a while I've wanted a Johnny Bucket for my tractor. I've seen a few forsale in the $400 range but never bought one. I put out an add about a month ago on CL and got a local hit the other night. Like new Johnny Bucket with no tractor adapter bracket or wiring harness for $300. I reached out to Johnny Bucket and the tractor bracket kit is $600 :cuss: Looking at the bracket, its seems like it would be fairly simple to try and modify a Case/Ingersoll mule bracket to attach the bucket. Deck mule brackets start at about $50 on ebay but they are a lighter gauge steel. Then I had the idea what if I dual purpose my snowcaster or bercomac bracket. The berco's bracket is probably 1/4" steel, much heaver than the deck brackets. It looks like I could run the Johnny Buckets lower pin through some bushings in the berco's bracket and I would have to fab up the upper mount. The seller told me the Johnny Bucket bracket is 13" wide. The berco's mule drive bracket is only 8" wide so it would require some spacers. What do you guys think?
The missing tooth is replaceable. The wiring harness can also be bought at a reasonable cost. Lift and dump are both done by linear actuators. Earlier versions used the tractors mid lift (AFAIK).
Johnny Bucket webpage https://johnnyproducts.com/J_Bucket_HTM ... gersol.htm
Johnny Bucket parts. Bracket is #10. https://johnnyproducts.com/ordermain.htm#JBandACCorder
JB1.jpg
JB2.jpg
JB3.jpg
JB4.jpg
JB5.jpg
JB6.jpg
JB7.jpg
Berco mule drive. I would only reuse the snapfast portion of the bracket.
BR1.jpg
BR2.jpg
Johnny Bucket Bracket
BR3.JPG
BR4.JPG
Case only Johnny Bucket Bracket
BR5.JPG
Ingersoll 4016
JSinMO United States of America

Re: Johnny Bucket

Post by JSinMO »

I don’t have any experience with one of these but it’s a really neat set up. I can see where it would be handy around the house. And I think you’re right you could adapt your mount fairing easily. I looked around the web a little and the only downside that stuck out at me is a 250 pound lift capacity that’s pretty light, your tractor is certainly capable of more. But for hauling mulch and such it would be fine.
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Well done @MattA . :congrats: Very well thought out and executed :creeper: :-- . Should serve you well .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
MattA United States of America

Post by MattA »

JSinMO wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:07 pm I don’t have any experience with one of these but it’s a really neat set up. I can see where it would be handy around the house. And I think you’re right you could adapt your mount fairing easily. I looked around the web a little and the only downside that stuck out at me is a 250 pound lift capacity that’s pretty light, your tractor is certainly capable of more. But for hauling mulch and such it would be fine.
Dirt and mulch is pretty much what I'd haul with it.

Looks like the bucket side bracket is a bit wider on the bucket I am looking at than the Ingersoll bracket from Johnny Products.
Ingersoll 4016