Sickle Mowers for garden tractors

Utility blade, snow caster, mower deck, weights, sleeve hitch, 3pt hitch, front end loader, backhoe, and more. Ready made or homemade.
Eugen Canada

Re: Fixing the 222 (aka "Maxine")

Post by Eugen »

Safety first, of course. I'm not sure that I see that more dangerous than running one of our snowcasters. Although the thought of shaking hands with my snowcaster terrifies me, having seen what it does in a shake hands event with my trailer tongue, I still use it and I confess, don't always turn it off when I get off the tractor. :109: Anyway, let's all be more careful and not get injured! :cheers:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
RoamingGnome Canada

Sickle Mowers for garden tractors

Post by RoamingGnome »

There has been some discussion about Sickle Mowers on here lately. Looking around on the internet I can find information on some aftermarket ones made by Haban and Didier that worked on older tractors... They occasionally come up for sale on CL, Kijiji and FB marketplace. I thought it might be good to keep the conversation going in our "Attachments" section...

There are some posts on other Case forums that mention Sickle Mowers and the old Yahoo site :O

Photos aren't mine - found on the internet. :)
sickle bar mower 4.jpg
sickle mower .jpg
Sickle bar mower.jpg
sickle bar mower 3.jpg
sickle bar mower 2.jpg
sickle mower.jpg
'68 Case 195, '84 Case 446, '88 Ingersoll 222 - and 1965 Case 530ck (fullsize backhoe)
JSinMO United States of America

Re: Sickle Mowers for garden tractors

Post by JSinMO »

A mower like that on a garden tractor would be really handy to maintain fence rows.