Hydraulic hookup for small backhoe

Utility blade, snow caster, mower deck, weights, sleeve hitch, 3pt hitch, front end loader, backhoe, and more. Ready made or homemade.
Spike188 Canada

Re: Hydraulic hookup for small backhoe

Post by Spike188 »

CCIGT's had an optional Flow Control Valve for use with tillers. It allowed micro control of the travel speed while giving the all of the oil flow to the tiller. The FCV was installed between the PTO return line and the Travel Control Valve. The FCV could be quickly set to divert all of the flow to the tank and starve the TCV. The back hoe plumbing would be opposite, when using a FCV, diverting some of the flow back to the travel control valve instead of all of the flow going to the hoe.
Spike Colt - 9 & 10, Case - 108, 118, 444, 446, 448, 646, 646bh, Ingersoll 4016, 4118AH
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

I did a search and found replacement gear pumps , searched the part number and and . I finally found a displacement of 7cc per revolution . Most little deisels in that type of machine I see looking it up are limited to 3000 rpm . So max output of the pump would be 7cc x 3000rpm less 10% when warm .
= about 1900cc per min . or 1.9 litres per min or 0.501 gpm
Assuming I got the right pump of which I could only find 2 . The gear pump and the dual variable pitch pumps for the track drives.
Even the smallest Case pump displacement I have seen is 6 gpm which is 12 time the volume.
Hopefully @FUTZ can chime in on this as he know more than I do for sure .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
RoamingGnome Canada

Post by RoamingGnome »

DavidBarkey wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:02 am I did a search and found replacement gear pumps , searched the part number and and . I finally found a displacement of 7cc per revolution . Most little deisels in that type of machine I see looking it up are limited to 3000 rpm . So max output of the pump would be 7cc x 3000rpm less 10% when warm .
Assuming I got the right pump of which I could only find 2 . The gear pump and the dual variable pitch pumps for the track drives.
Even the smallest Case pump displacement I have seen is 6 gpm which is 12 time the volume.
Good investigative work @DavidBarkey :letmesee: - Twin variable pumps for travel and a gear pump for digging functions...

It might be nice to find a Case Ingersoll flow control valve, but there are generic versions too... up here in the Great White North we can get generic ones from Princess Auto (Does Harbor Freight sell hyd. components?)
flow control.jpg
flow control.jpg (75.88 KiB) Viewed 2180 times
'68 Case 195, '84 Case 446, '88 Ingersoll 222 - and 1965 Case 530ck (fullsize backhoe)
Timj United States of America

Post by Timj »

RoamingGnome wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:16 am
DavidBarkey wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:02 am I did a search and found replacement gear pumps , searched the part number and and . I finally found a displacement of 7cc per revolution . Most little deisels in that type of machine I see looking it up are limited to 3000 rpm . So max output of the pump would be 7cc x 3000rpm less 10% when warm .
Good investigative work @DavidBarkey :letmesee: - Twin variable pumps for travel and a gear pump for digging functions...

It might be nice to find a Case Ingersoll flow control valve, but there are generic versions too... up here in the Great White North we can get generic ones from Princess Auto (Does Harbor Freight sell hyd. components?)
flow control.jpg
In the :usa: The Surplus Center is a good outlet for hydraulics and other industrial goodies.
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
metalguy United States of America

Post by metalguy »

I did try a flow reducer valve, but I think I should try one like I have on my 446 I use for tilling. I would have to plump the return to the reservoir, but that shouldn't be a big deal...The way the stack is plumbed it has the pto in both sides, so when it is on, it can flow through, if that makes any sense. ---------Metalguy