Needs a project??

Utility blade, snow caster, mower deck, weights, sleeve hitch, 3pt hitch, front end loader, backhoe, and more. Ready made or homemade.
RoamingGnome Canada

Re: Needs a project??

Post by RoamingGnome »

Watch for the finger from the operator when you get in the way! :dizzy:

At least on big scrapers the operators seat swivels so you can sit sideways and watch the bowl as it is filling up, I don't know how people feel about rear mounted PTO snowblowers, I think I'd get a wicked crick in my neck looking over my shoulder all the time while driving backwards to blow snow... :))
'68 Case 195, '84 Case 446, '88 Ingersoll 222 - and 1965 Case 530ck (fullsize backhoe)
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

RoamingGnome wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:13 pm Watch for the finger from the operator when you get in the way! :dizzy:

At least on big scrapers the operators seat swivels so you can sit sideways and watch the bowl as it is filling up, I don't know how people feel about rear mounted PTO snowblowers, I think I'd get a wicked crick in my neck looking over my shoulder all the time while driving backwards to blow snow... :))
Thats exactly why I built the new 446 Blower tractor with front blower . The loader is too handy to take off so for a few years ran the rear hydra blower , but my back/neck just can't take all the looking back . So now I have both front mount on one and rear mount on Frankie with the loader .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
FUTZ Canada

Post by FUTZ »

On various forums, you hear this all the time. As soon as someone mentions a rear mount blower, others say it's a bad idea due to next/back issues. I get it, but it shouldn't de-rate rear mounts. When I was a teenager, I worked at a farm, not too much field work, mostly yard work, hooking up feed wagons, or scrapers etc. I'd say 50% of the time I was looking backwards. If it wasn't me, it was one of the old boys. They never complained. I think it keeps your body more flexible. Farm work in general does that. I could see if you were using a tractor for contract snow blowing; 10-12 hrs of looking backwards you'd want something different. But snow blowing shouldn't be more than 2hrs; if it does you need a bigger blower.

Having said that, I've been thinking of setting up the tractor so I could sit either forward or backwards.
Jancoe United States of America

Post by Jancoe »

All you guys talking about kinks in your necks makes me want to build a tractor with a blower on the rear but also turn the seat and steering wheel around. Now, no more kinks in your neck. Problem solved? @Spike188 how is your neck feeling this winter?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

RoamingGnome Canada

Post by RoamingGnome »

Early rough terrain forklifts were built on a regular looking tractor frame with the operators station turned around...
forklift 2.jpg
I really like the Case 190 version though...
forklift 3.jpg
forklift 4.jpg
'68 Case 195, '84 Case 446, '88 Ingersoll 222 - and 1965 Case 530ck (fullsize backhoe)
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

RoamingGnome wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:55 am Early rough terrain forklifts were built on a regular looking tractor frame with the operators station turned around...
forklift 2.jpg
I really like the Case 190 version though...
forklift 3.jpg
forklift 4.jpg
Some agricultural stuff was built that way too. Here’s an international cotton picker built that way.
IMG_4525.jpeg
That Case 190 is really interesting. Apparently it’s the only one known to exist. Here is the video on it. This guy has a nice collection.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-_VNx2N6J ... lmdA%3D%3D